Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an ENTIRE CLUTCH kit - from the clutch outter, the clutch center (maybe), discs, and springs. I have seen the clutch kits from barnett but I am looking for the whole things since I have to replace some of these parts anyway. . . . Just curious - I haven't seen anything except the disc kits with springs.

THanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have an 03 1800C and at 7500 miles my clutch was slipping pretty bad. I was originally going to just replace the barnett springs but then decided to just replace the clutch with the MTC performance clutch. I have about 7000 miles on the MTC and it is 100% better than the stock one. This clutch will not slip no matter how hard you get on it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i just did the barnett kit...

and it rips! no slipping, fast. i've got just over 100 miles on it and i can can get it into neutral while stopped with no trouble. it was tough for the first miles. i did drill 6 holes in my basket while i had it out. very happy with it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
clutch

I installed the Barnett clutch plates & springs. I have ridden about 300 miles since and it is still hard to find neutral. I usually have to go to second gear and tap the lever down to find neutral. It also shifts harder than it did with the stock clutch. It is worse when the bike is cold and I first head out, and it improves somewhat once it is warmed up. I saved my old plates just in case I decide to go back, but I am giving it more time to wear in. If I was to do it over again, I would spend the few extra $$ to get the MTC clutch.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have had the Barnett Carbon Fiber kit in my X for 15,000 miles now with the MT-114 - 6 springs and the clutch is good it hooks up nice no slipping,
but like everyone else when I go do my clutch again I'll be going MTC.

Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts