Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know it's a Honda board - but there's a lot of good resources here. Besides, I don't want to ask about a RoadStar on a "RoadStar" forum because I figure they'll be as happy as clams.

So where was I? Oh yeah - ya'll own or know someone that owns one of these that has an opinion, good or bad? These are the big air-cooled pushrod, belt drive bikes (not to be confused with the V-Stars).

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I've got a friend in AR that absolutely loves his. To my knowledge the only complaint was about the saddlebags. He has lost two on recent travels because of the poor craftsmanship. Otherwise he has been pleased w/ the performance and had no problems mechanically.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have a stratoliner 113 CI

about the same on power

handles a little better

6 recalls in the last year

wouldn't buy it again

but also would like to see Honda put in a little more effort

·
Registered
700 Posts
Met a guy on my ride this last weekend who had a new Roadliner, he said he liked it, but he gets a LOT of decel pop and he has tried many things to fix it. He also said that he couldn't find too many after market accessories for it yet. I have also heard that the Yamaha's tend to have a LOT of recalls. Other than those three items I think they are great bikes.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Re: Anyone know someone with a RoadStar/Roadliner or whateve

kballowe said:
So where was I? Oh yeah - ya'll own or know someone that owns one of these that has an opinion, good or bad? These are the big air-cooled pushrod, belt drive bikes (not to be confused with the V-Stars).
I ride with a Roadstar group. I'm actually the only X in the group. All Roadstars. Seems like they're all pretty happy with their bikes. I don't hear a lot of bitching, haven't seen anybody broken down, and so far the only guy to change rides went to a Goldwing. Hard to argue that.

Seems like most other bikes. They've all got some little quirks that need attention, but nothing really major.

I almost bought one, but then a sat on the X and that was the end of that.

This is a seriously good bunch of folks. http://www.roadstargallery.com if you want to check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I had a Road Star Warrior and was very happy with the handling and power, but the suspension/wheel setup was fairly different from the cruiser variety bike. I especially liked the low-end torque.

I see where Abernathy's had some leftover '06 RoadStars for 8,500 out the door. The deal looked attractive, but I don't know much about that particular bike. I'd be adding my own bags/windshield so not looking at the "touring" model.

·
Registered
299 Posts

I have a 2006 Stratoliner MidNight.
It's my long distance everyday rider. My custom Honda is taken out only on nice days when the weather is nice.
Best all around cruiser.....also chosen best cruiser in the nation.
I agree.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I came off one Road star to the VTX...nice bike no problems or recalls...put many a mile on it too...I like the roadie but would never trade my X for one...

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frogpoop said:
I came off one Road star to the VTX...nice bike no problems or recalls...put many a mile on it too...I like the roadie but would never trade my X for one...
Do you have the 1300 or the 1800?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.