Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are LOUD. Very Loud. I also experienced a loss of the low end torque. Had these on V & H Bigshots and ended up putting the Quiet Baffles back in and removing the ceramic wrap from them. Not nearly as loud as the Monsters, but got my torque back. Going to leave it like that for now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my baffles today installed them and very dissapointed they do have more midrange but very simple desighn I could have made them at work. they do sound good when accelerating but crapy on decel and idle. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A DEEP MEATY GROWL ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hollow out original cans. It's hard to create resonance in a straight pipe. It'll always be more BRAP BRAP than RUMBLE RUMBLE.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
gregory940 said:
I got my baffles today installed them and very dissapointed they do have more midrange but very simple desighn I could have made them at work. they do sound good when accelerating but crapy on decel and idle. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A DEEP MEATY GROWL ?
Thats what i have been saying for a long time. You can make you own for less with limited tools and a local muffler shop. For that price i can buy all the material and tools to make a similar set.

I much prefer the Khromewerks HP+ baffles but they are not as deep as the TMBs. Only $50 or less if they have them in your size and only a few bucks more if you have to mod a piece of exhasut tubing to make them fit.

Most owners though do agree they did just what they wanted and the customer service is very good.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
If you haven't desmogged then that is what you need to do next. A few years ago I made a bunch of these type of baffles and sold them here
(I know longer make or sell them due to legal issues :shock: ). I had very good response and most everyone was happy. You must desmog for them to sound really good :wink: I don't know about loosing low end power though :roll: . I have a frined that runs my baffles and he makes over 100 hp and 112 ft lb torque.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right about desmog put a rubber plug in the pair inlet and that made a big differnce sounds alot better especialy at idle. Now I need to find someone in my area that does it! Do any of you know of anyone? And how long can I leave that rubber plug in the pair inlet? Don't wanna take it out til I desmog!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.