Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to find one that doesn't cost like 350. all i can find is the power trip one with the way jacked up price.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
thejesse said:
trying to find one that doesn't cost like 350. all i can find is the power trip one with the way jacked up price.
Maybe get a cheaper leather coat & buy a VTX patch. There was someone who sold the big VTX back-patches but I can't recall right now. I'm sure someone will chime in on where you can get the back-patch.

I plan on spending $200 or so on a leather jacket this fall - I think the patch is around $30-35.

Good luck! :wink:

Dave~

·
Registered
949 Posts
Power Trip Textile

I was able to get a Power Trip Textile from one of the regular eBay vendors (out of Florida) for $155 plus $10 shipping. Just have to be patient and wait for one of them to put the "Make an offer..." button on their ad.

Retail at the dealership is $220, so bargain hunting on the Net will pay off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Power Trip Textile

Oly-X said:
I was able to get a Power Trip Textile from one of the regular eBay vendors (out of Florida) for $155 plus $10 shipping. Just have to be patient and wait for one of them to put the "Make an offer..." button on their ad.

Retail at the dealership is $220, so bargain hunting on the Net will pay off.

quote]

you can get one for 150 or so right now no prob. i want the leather one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Morgan Buchanan said:
I got the LEATHER power-trip VTX jacket off ebay for $150. Ya just gotta look and get a little lucky. There's on on there now with a $200 Buy It Now... but it's not new new. I got mine for $150 new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-TR ... enameZWDVW
thanks. looking for an XL. what are you donig on a washington board anyway? i'm from dallas. thinking of riding out there in august.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
LOL I was doing a search for my original post on one of the other boards, and saw your subject, so I clicked it. Being the helpful fella I am, I replied. :)

Feel free to PM me when your in town, particularly if you ride. The Texas X riders are pretty darn active around town, lots of various local meet ups.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
OH...question... You're looking for an XL? Really? How big are you? Have you tried them on? I'm 6'4" and 220 with reasonably long arms, and the L fits me great, with the armour and liner both in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morgan Buchanan said:
OH...question... You're looking for an XL? Really? How big are you? Have you tried them on? I'm 6'4" and 220 with reasonably long arms, and the L fits me great, with the armour and liner both in.
6'1'' 240. i wear a joe rocket xl right now and a kilamanjaro xxl.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Ah.. yeah, you might be a little thick in the body for the L.

I found the leathers run in very different sizes than the meshes from Power Trip. I couldn't find a mesh that fit. The L was great in the body, way too short in the sleeves. The XL was a bit big in the body and a touch small in the sleeves. The XXL was GINORMOUS in the body (me AND my wife with her new D bolt ons fit), and fantastic in the sleeves. Grrrr. :) I hate my joe rocket mesh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts