Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was at a Murray's auto parts store picking up a starter for my father in law's truck and noticed they had Amsoil on the shelf and K&N motorcycle air filters. First time I ever saw this at a commercial auto parts store and it was the one it Darien/Downers Grove area if anyone down there is interested and they didn't have our air filter in stock which I expected.

The amsoil was 6.99 a quart which I thought was pretty good or at least competitively priced for an auto parts store.

I am not sure what spike can sell it for but I know for my next oil change I will be sending him a PM for some since he is a dealer.

·
Super Moderator
63,857 Posts
That is likely the old bike oil, that I sold to some here for $5.50(tax included) I pay the taxes when I buy the oil. The new bike oil will be around $6.75a qt, I haven't purchased any of that yet so it may be less than that. Or you can use the auto 10/40 as that is the same as the old bike oil, at the $5.50. 8)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Spike,
Thanks for giving us an idea of price per quart. I remember reading some where that a guy on this forum was selling it around the 8 bucks and change a quart range and thought that was kinda high.

I was starting to think Amsoil might have similiar restrictions like V&H in regards to what prices you can publish.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Suggested prices are great if you are looking to rape your friends and not sell much.

I appreciate the VTX owners discount that you are offering and definately moving forward I will support one of our own and will make sure my buddies are aware.

You need to update us on the status of your current modifications although since we haven't heard anything you probably are still waiting.

·
Super Moderator
63,857 Posts
My wheels are holding me up. Handler said Thursday or Friday he should see them. I should be back on the road by next weekend I hope. 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was just saying

just saying if anyone needed it noticed people were asking for where to buy it. i saw a sign in there window. so does that place block south of doyles sell bike parts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts