Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife have been watching and enjoying the Olympic games. But I must say that the men's and women's bathing suits or swimwear are pretty down right border line inappropriate. While I love the female anatomy, the under ware or lower bathing suit is just to short. They don't even look sexy when you can see but crack and you know it's swamp butt cause there working up a sweat. And don't even get me started about the men's swim team suit's. There member is almost hanging out and they all show plumbers crack! I really don't want to see this. I feel like I am watching the wrong type of entertainment for myself. I remember when they wore Speedos that actually fit. These things look like there 4 sizes too small! What's going on? Same with the women outfits. While not as disturbing to me of course still way to short and they just don't look right. Even my wife said the men's outfits look stupid cause they are just way too small. I have to admit I did not see much if any of the last summer games so I can not remember if it was like that 4 years ago or if it just started now. All I know is I would like to watch the games and not see men's butt cracks and there members hanging out. And I don't wanna see the women's swamp butts either. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'm with you! Same situation for the volleyball and diving! What the heck!?!

Here I am trying to raise a couple little girls and we want them to be excited about sports and team building. I feel guilty letting them watch the OLYMPICS (should be the aspirations and highlight of any athlete's career). When my 8 year old turns and looks at her parents and says "I don't think I could be in front of all those people in my underwear.".... dang. Talk about feeling like a horse's @$$...

So, we haven't been watching any of those events with the girls able to see the TV. We've cut that down to just letting them watch the gymnastics.

It's sad. They keep talking about watching the synchronized swimming but I'll have to see the outfits first.

·
Super Moderator
63,569 Posts
Yeah, I think these suits are a TON better than the Speedos I used to wear as a lifeguard and on swim teams. Girls suits were so high cut in the thigh, the leg holes used to be almost to the armpit. Guys suits were nothing more than a loin cloth so tight and thin you could see what religion the guys were

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's was the swimmers. I think it was the first w days then they switched to shorts last night. They didn't have the really short swim suites I'm referring to on last night. But on 8/8 they deff had the little boy and girl suites on. I'm telling ya it was ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
63,569 Posts
They've all had suits on, no speedo/banana-hammocks in the past 15 years of swimming. Too much drag with skin, suits can be made of material that repels water and makes them faster. The IOC actually banned the full cover body suits last Olympics so they are shorts and stop at the knee they all wear these;

The divers do still wear the Speedo's though

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They've all had suits on, no speedo/banana-hammocks in the past 15 years of swimming. Too much drag with skin, suits can be made of material that repels water and makes them faster. The IOC actually banned the full cover body suits last Olympics so they are shorts and stop at the knee they all wear these;

The divers do still wear the Speedo's though
I remember the divers and girl volleyball wearing them. Could have sworn the swimmers did also. O well. But I made my point as where the look completely stupid and inappropriate IMHO

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I'm not watching any of it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I haven't seen the women swim wear but watched the volleyball gals and they ain't got no butt. :surprise: :grin2:

Their ittybitty bottoms did not bother me and I was really getting into the athleticism of both usa and swiss.

As for the men thangs... I'd be like the those chinese guys. they kept fixin their junk... their boys just didn't seem to fit right. That would be me.

Those speedos are not helping them and I feel they are totally unnecessary for them to be competitive. That part of it is all about viewership numbers... I guar run teeeeee!

So, I hit the remote button for another station.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I don't have young kids in the house, but I would much rather see body suits than the things they are wearing this year. A couple of the divers, I'd swear, were going to come out of the water "all natural" after the dives.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now after I wrote this thread it seems they are All switching to spandex shorts. Spike is correct though , I think it was just the divers rather then the swimers. But I could have sworn the men's swim team did have on really short Speedos one time, but any case I do watch it for the talent not the fashion but it's just hard to not notice it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not to offend but being a former nationally ranked swimmer and triathlete you need to wear the smallest suit possible to minimize the amount of drag. This is also why swimmers are smooth, it's to reduce drag and not allow the air bubbles to latch on to the hair follicles.

This is purely for performance whereas the bikinis the women wear to play volleyball serve no purpose.

I could go on and on but I won't bore you...

Sean

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Personally I think all the competitors should compete naked... >:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cyclist are smooth for other reasons. It helps with the muscle massage and when they do get road rash, it's easier to clean the wound, is less prone to infection and the bandages don't stick to the skin and hair.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Why do women wear bikinis to play beach volleyball?

The answer, according to Corinne Calabro, the communications director for USA Volleyball, is pretty simple: Because that's what the female athletes want to compete in. Women don't have to wear bikinis - the uniform guidelines from the Federation of International Volleyball, the governing body of all international competition, allow for many different options.

"The athletes are allowed to wear long sleeves, they're allowed to wear shorts, tank tops," Calabro said. "But we've gotten a lot of athletes on record saying they prefer to wear a two-piece because there are less places for sand to hide. They don't view it as swimwear or anything like a fashion statement. For them, that's their uniform."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts