Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather looks good at nearly 50 degrees and partly sunny. Perfect time for a ride.....:D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I would like to but have a side job to do so $$$$ superceedes riding right now. :( Installed new cluch springs and brake pads and have no idea if they work other than the 4 feet I moved it in the garage. :roll:

I took out one garage door from the inside out dropping the cluch can't afford to repeate it again :shock:..........maybe I should shoot for the other door.......No, I don't want to hear it from Tracy again on how dumb that was.

Have fun all, their will be another day for me. :grin:

Todd

·
Banned
24,429 Posts
I would like to but have a side job to do so $$$$ superceedes riding right now. :( Installed new cluch springs and brake pads and have no idea if they work other than the 4 feet I moved it in the garage. :roll:

I took out one garage door from the inside out dropping the cluch can't afford to repeate it again :shock:..........maybe I should shoot for the other door.......No, I don't want to hear it from Tracy again on how dumb that was.

Have fun all, their will be another day for me. :grin:

Todd
Sounds like a great story,lets hear it:D
If your springs were weak your clutch should have slipped.

Were the springs hard to replace and did you put in stronger ones?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Todd.....rule #1.....open garage door first! :shock: :mrgreen: :D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Rule number two, beware of wet pavement!:yikes: :lol: Just close your eyes and think back to a certain clutch job Todd.

Hey Bud, clutch work on a honda is a cake walk. If you want a hand, I can give ya one. :thumbup:

Yes, Sunday would appear to be a go for the South Sound board. Now if we can just pick out a map. :roll: :doorag: Reguardless, I'm riding somewhere.:lol:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Rule #3, duck when Tracy swings the left hook (don't forget to watch out for the straight right).

and Rule #4, always , I repeat ALWAYS respond, "Yes dear, you're right, you're always right!" (usually in your most sarcastic voice). :bowdown:

·
Registered
444 Posts
If the weather forecast can be trusted, Saturday is the day. I would like to take a ride.
Tracy

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey Todd, I would like to add to Irish Red's comment. In my experience this is how you win with the wife and she feels good about it!

When the wife goes off on you do the following:

1. look her in the eyes and say yes your right (eye contact)
2. look down and away and say I know.... your right (eye contact transferred away as IF you were ashamed)
3. I'm sorry, your right (3 times saying your right is the magic number , I don't know why)

Then you relocate yourself back to your "den" or "cave" and forget all about it. You know it's all a sham and she feels like she won! It's so easy a caveman can do it!

Now... don't repeat this to my wife. Only use this when you don't want to hear it and you chalk it up to taking one for the team!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Hey Todd, I would like to add to Irish Red's comment. In my experience this is how you win with the wife and she feels good about it!

When the wife goes off on you do the following:

1. look her in the eyes and say yes your right (eye contact)
2. look down and away and say I know.... your right (eye contact transferred away as IF you were ashamed)
3. I'm sorry, your right (3 times saying your right is the magic number , I don't know why)

Then you relocate yourself back to your "den" or "cave" and forget all about it. You know it's all a sham and she feels like she won! It's so easy a caveman can do it!

Now... don't repeat this to my wife. Only use this when you don't want to hear it and you chalk it up to taking one for the team!
My problem, is that my Red-headed Irish wife follows me to my "cave", tells me, "You're d*** right I'm right, and don't you forget it!". Then next line in a loud emotionally filled voice is usually, "Why do you come back here and hide in your cave...."

Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong. Perhaps, I'm not doing step 2 correctly. :dontknow:

Yeah, that's it, the defiant, snarl on my lip during step 2 must be the problem. Now I know why you turn away (so she can't see the snarl). :grin:

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Good luck to the southenders for the ride on Saturday. It looks like all of western Washington is under water right now. You guys are gonna need pontoons for your ride. For me......I stocked up on egg nog and I bought a couple bottles of rum to wait the storm out.

Jeff

·
Registered
614 Posts
Good luck to the southenders for the ride on Saturday. It looks like all of western Washington is under water right now. You guys are gonna need pontoons for your ride. For me......I stocked up on egg nog and I bought a couple bottles of rum to wait the storm out.

Jeff

Jeff,
Have you gotten your cast off yet?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm with Jeff on this one - bought 3 bottles last night. Now I see I'm almost outta Coke :mad:
So I'll be going out for more soon. If they close I-5 in Fife I'm not gonna bother going to work in the morning.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Jeff
No problem there..........Big Ron has done it several times.:-? :lol:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Sounds like a great story,lets hear it:D
If your springs were weak your clutch should have slipped.

Were the springs hard to replace and did you put in stronger ones?
Oh it's a good story alright....and yes the cluch was slipping that's why I changed the stock springs. :lol:

I'm suprise the rest of you guys have not had this issue but it does not occur under "normal" riding conditions only when you drop it down to 4th at 70 plus and punch it does it slip major or power shifting between 3rd, 4th and fifth. Slight in 3rd...ran over a banana peel in 4th and one long rubber band in fifth...all shifts done at red line to have this occur.

My bike has done this sene it was new and Ed1947 told me what the problem was and what fixed it for him.

So now I need to see if this worked but need a nice day and a open road to test it. The rest of the story is a 5......:popcorn:

Todd

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Oh it's a good story alright....and yes the cluch was slipping that's why I changed the stock springs. :lol:

I'm suprise the rest of you guys have not had this issue but it does not occur under "normal" riding conditions only when you drop it down to 4th at 70 plus and punch it does it slip major or power shifting between 3rd, 4th and fifth. Slight in 3rd...ran over a banana peel in 4th and one long rubber band in fifth...all shifts done at red line to have this occur.

My bike has done this sene it was new and Ed1947 told me what the problem was and what fixed it for him.

So now I need to see if this worked but need a nice day and a open road to test it. The rest of the story is a 5......:popcorn:
Todd
How much did the clutch mod cost you? Did you install the springs yourself? If so how difficult was the mod?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts

Todd
Sounds like you need a nice big car tire on that thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts