Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering going this route, any comments, ideas, or suggestions from any of you running this setup? Would you do it again or differently? Can't decide to go with Brown County cover, K&N, rejet and HK3's or Thunder, K&N, rejet and HK3's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
sandmc... you've read my mind! I'm agonizing over the same thing. I know I want the Bub Reinharts staggereds, re-jet, and either the thunder tear drop or the brown county airbox... Too many way cool choices! 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have that same setup except my pipes are HK 2.5 American classics, and let me say they are LOUD... I like it alot, but out of respect for my neighbors, I try not to start it up before 8:00 am unless I have to. This setup was already on the bike before I bought it, so I can't compare it to stock. I am getting about 39 MPG, but I have a little problem with getting into the throttle a bit too much because it sounds soooo good.

Maxxx

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Cobra lo boy staggereds, K&N Filter, Brown Conuty cover, rejetted, and put some red foam & leds inside the airbox to light it up @ night. I am very happy with it all.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I run the Brown Country, K and N with RoadHouse...Great set up...wont hit your leg like most of the other after market intakes. Used a Dyno jet kit...had it Dyno tuned and it runs so smooth...No regerets only smiles :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts