Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has tried or if it would be possible to 'tap' off the front turn signal wires themselves and put an led on the bars to let you know your turn signal is still on. I see the beepers and all but wondered about this.

Never said it was a good idea, but an idea.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Try it and let us know how it works. Remember to put a 5 amp fuse between the LED lights and the turn signal wires where you tie them in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Didn't the factory do the same thing, it's located in the speedo housing.. it goes "blink blink blink" - just saying...

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Some had placed a small 3-4 led cluster on the inside of the windshield to see the flashing.
If you have stock pipes you can put a piezo buzzer across the flasher.
Some press the T/S button to cancel and check for 6th gear often...Habit... CRS...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Put a wire from the plugs in the headlight bucket with a resitor on each wire then mounted a led light on the fairing just below windshild.
Ack like a heads up display.

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
I've thought of doing this for all my dash lights (signals, neutral, oil pressure, temp) up on my fairing, just below the radio opening. Nothing super bright, just something to flash more in my field of vision to tell me something is on/wrong/whatever. I don't think I'd move the highbeam indicator because even dimmed it's still obvious at night when it's on.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I've thought of doing this for all my dash lights (signals, neutral, oil pressure, temp) up on my fairing, just below the radio opening. Nothing super bright, just something to flash more in my field of vision to tell me something is on/wrong/whatever. I don't think I'd move the highbeam indicator because even dimmed it's still obvious at night when it's on.
I hear some fairings already have those lights built in :D and also, mirrors are available with the turn signals built in (easy visible reminder to cancel them) :oops:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just did that with my fairing. I just finished the install a couple of days ago. Here is a pic of the inner. They are just below the windshield .

Here a shot if the right side blinking.

They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using

VictorV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts