Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do something to pull back the bars....I prefer apes but will settle for risers....Those of you who have had the same decision and chose apes, was it worth it?...I keep reading/hearing that the cost of re-cabling stopped some of you......does it really cost that much? and how much total if you try and do it yourself? :?:

S

·
0 Posts
By the time you buy custom cables and the bars yes its probably cheaper to just buy the risers.. lot less work too.

Ever considered the t-bars with built in risers?? ...can get those at different pullback lengths.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. How far back can I go without replacing any cables/wires?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will do.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
At first I ordered baron's Xtreme bars for my X...got them and they were damaged. It did give me a chance to hold them up and realise they weren't for me! I decided at that point I wanted apes. All said and done, they will most likely cost you around $700. But if you like the looks of them, why not spend the extra dough. It's either that, or you buy one set of bars and always wish you had done apes. My problem now is I always want to go higher. I started with Wild 1 16" apes, and now have Arlen Ness 18" apes. These are perfect if you are looking for a wild look with a lot of pullback. They sit at shoulder height, which makes them legal almost everywhere, and are a comfortable reach. I am 5'10". I am think about running 20" Psycho chubbies next...

·
Registered
122 Posts
MnXRider,
You're bike nails the look that I want for a sissy bar. I've been looking for something like that for a while.

Could you care to share what that is and where you got it?

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
I actually designed the bar myself, and had Jaxon Fyffe at Wild Card Customs build it for me. The bar is made out of 3/4" round bar, and the rack is 1/2". He also built the pad for me, but I would recommend just buying one from dragspecialties that mounts onto old school sissybars. MUCH cheaper. I have been contemplating making a few to sell, but just don't have the time right now. I would give Jaxon a call...his prices are fair for his work...
http://www.wildcardcustoms.com/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Riser question

Well, I finally took the plunge - just now picked up a 2003 1800VTX C from the dealer - she sure is sweet... a little on the quiet side, but we know how wild she can be :wink:

I went with the Rivco 6" risers, and adjusted the bars down and back as far as possible. It is much better on the arms, with reduced reach... I am also considering Ultimate Lowrider seats - I am 5'9 1/2" withe about 32" shirtsleeve - I wonder if anyone has done this combo??

Thanks for your info...

Ride safe and often

JB1950
'03 1800 VTX C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts