Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Google apps for your cell phone that will allow me to communicate my buddies on their cb. I have a helmet with a headset combo with PTT. that uses a 3.5 jack. I looked on Google play but there are dozens.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
A cell phone isn't going to be able to transmit over CB frequencies directly. The closest you'll get is those 'virtual' CBs like the one posted already, that work similar to the Nextel push to talk system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thks

I appreciate yalls help.

I was just checking to see if it was possiable b4 shelling out over $400 :yikes:

On a chatterbox.

BTW does anyone use one of those? How do you like it?

Are there any cheaper brands that also work well.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I appreciate yalls help.

I was just checking to see if it was possiable b4 shelling out over $400 :yikes:

On a chatterbox.

BTW does anyone use one of those? How do you like it?

Are there any cheaper brands that also work well.
Are you just looking for bike to bike communications? There's also the Scala Rider brand, but they aren't cheap either. I did get the chance to try the Scala once though, and I will say it's actually a fantastic product. There are cheaper ones out there, but I can't speak to their quality or lack thereof.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to be able to talk to the harley and goldwing guys in my group. So i dont think a scala will work for me.

I need some sort of CB
Anyone got any ideas

·
Registered
963 Posts
Check this site - http://www.wearecb.com

May find what your looking for.
[h=1]Cobra HH38WXST Mini HandHeld CB Radio NOAA Compact[/h][h=1]Motorcycle Headsets[/h]

·
Registered
653 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts