Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if everyone made it home safely...we just got home. No rain the whole way home! :D Did have an idiot who thought he could pass a semi (2 lanes/2way) in a full sized van. Came within seconds of hitting us head on but barely managed to slip in front of the semi without hitting us, just before we got to Dodge City, Kansas last night! :shock: :roll: (Hmmm new meaning for Dodge City eh?)

SW Kansas is so dry the farmers were making mini dust storms out in the fields, could barely see the tractors they were surrounded in dust.

Chat more later...got to go get my dog and some food!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
We made it home, safe and sound. It was the longest short trip I've ever had to make. Doggone it, we were just plum wore out. Sure is good to be home.

Hope everyone had a good ride home

·
Registered
259 Posts
We made it home after 13 hours in the truck. I am glad we trailered, or we would still be wondering how we would be getting home. I have multiple doctor appointments set for Monday to check my broken collar bone and ribs, and orthopedic surgeons for consultations. It was a long bumpy ride in the truck, with bones grating on every bump. We still plan on going back next year though.

Jim & Janatha

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
A.M.S. Medic said:
Got home last night around 7:30 after stopping in my home town to see mom and dad.

See ya nest year. AND heal soon, Jim. Joe

Pics are posted: Go to "Rallies" then "Colorado 2007".

http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/
many thanks ... :wink:

good post ...

:crew:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
crew said:
A.M.S. Medic said:
Got home last night around 7:30 after stopping in my home town to see mom and dad.

good post ...

When are you going to show up? We have rides for "Old Farts" and such. LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
A.M.S. Medic said:
crew said:
[quote="A.M.S. Medic":1zxzqnrz]Got home last night around 7:30 after stopping in my home town to see mom and dad.

good post ...

When are you going to show up? We have rides for "Old Farts" and such. LOL!!!!![/quote:1zxzqnrz]

I've got a "conflict" the week of and before the 4th ....

Hope to see you soon ...

always my absolute pleasure ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ....

crew

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, V&H pipes, K&N a/f, mustang seat w adj rest, Memphis shield, MTC clutch
299 Posts
made it home ok..never got rained on either direction. Was a great trip and hopefully be able to do it again next year..4 out of 5 ain't bad...take care... MIKE(TTT)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Home Sweet Home

We made it home on Thursday. Good traveling all of the way home.

I hope that there will be an event next year for me to attend. Carol, Cliff and the other Colorado VTX Range Riders, get plenty of rest. We hope that you will have the energy to do it again next year.

See you then, I hope.

Jim

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
A.M.S. Medic said:

Thanks for sharing those. I reallllllly want to do this next year. Now who are all those people? :wink:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Justin VTX said:
We made it home after 13 hours in the truck. I am glad we trailered, or we would still be wondering how we would be getting home. I have multiple doctor appointments set for Monday to check my broken collar bone and ribs, and orthopedic surgeons for consultations. It was a long bumpy ride in the truck, with bones grating on every bump. We still plan on going back next year though.

Jim & Janatha
Glad to see you guys check in...amazing your "Texas Hold Em" paint job didn't get a scratch! Hope the docs give you lots of pain pills! :wink: I had just stepped out the hotel front door and was talking to the gal who got hit by a rock when you went down. I had to walk back into the hotel as I couldn't handle seeing just how bad you were hurt, but everybody else did run over to help you.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Made it home the first day of traveling in that direction. Sometimes I wish they would move my state a little closer.

I sure hope everyone is healing up from their 'incidents' well so that we can meet up with them again next year.

to the Colorado Riders, THANKS. It takes a lot of effort and dedication for y'all to get thru this each year. You floks are awesome and have a hard task of carrying this legacy on each year.

By the way, Cliff, when you hung up on 911, did they call you right back like in the movies? :shock:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Pulled into my garage at 9:30 last night....

18 days on the road.... 5,987 miles...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm back and ready to head up to the SD Black Hills at the end of the month. The Colorado event was a great time.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
mutt said:
By the way, Cliff, when you hung up on 911, did they call you right back like in the movies? :shock:
Why yes, within mere moments she did call me back.

She apologized, mentioning that we must have been cut off and not wanting her to misunderstand, I corrected her saying NO DEAR, I hung up on you.

I gave her the address, the La Q parking lot north side, biker down hit by car, please send ambulance and police car immediately. I repeated twice and she asks what happened? Are you a witness? Ma'am we have a biker laying on the ground, send an ambulance and police. Did you see what happened? Click...

I have been told I'm rude, but I prefer direct. Carol say's I have issues with authority. That's probably true, but I am the "Benevolent Dictator" after all. :D :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got home safe, walked in the door at 1:05 am Friday morning. Thanks Tejas for the route info.

·
Registered
680 Posts
home again

We got home Saturday pm 3:30 after 3495 miles all of which were wonderful, well maybe not the last two days of riding in the rain, but we got home safe and wet, we will be looking for new rain gear soon.
It sure was good to see everyone again, we had a great time and look forward to the next time we can get together.
Thanks to Cliff and Carol for all there hard work and dedication to this event.
Later
Ben and Cathy

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
but we got home safe and wet, we will be looking for new rain gear soon.
I think Jim, the rider of the Texas Hold em bike, may have some 'slightly used' rain gear for sale that was removed from him in the parking lot. It may need some modifications though. :?

·
Registered
173 Posts
After sitting out front on a bench watching bikers come and go the final straw was a bunch of my Texas bunch come in Sunday evening with doggy bags and have Duc walk up and say "Are you sorry you don't have your BIKE" told the desk we were leaving the next morning. GOING HOME AND RIDING BETWEEN RAIN STORMS. Had at least 400 miles of storms going and coming. Good to be home and riding. Weather is starting to turn good. Cliff and Carol we did enjoy it and hope to be back next year with BIKE. THANKS! Barn

·
Registered
173 Posts
OH BY THE WAY JAN!! Those CAGERS AND ESPECIALLY THE SIMIS seem to have a fix on you!!!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!! BARN

1 - 20 of 31 Posts