Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Ft. Worth area and my brother lives near the Ms. Gulf Coast. We are planning a trip 04/29 thru 05/04. Will actually have three days to ride your state. We have reservations near DeGray St. park. at the DeGray lake cottages. that will be our home base for three days. Any suggestions on were to ride and what to see,much appreciated. we are looking forward to touring your great state. Thanks Thunder Road.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mt Magazine, Petti Jean state park, Hyw 7 Hot Springs to Harrison....long ride. And don't forget the infamous Pig Trail, hwy 23 from Ozark to Eureka Springs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mt Magazine, Petti Jean state park, Hyw 7 Hot Springs to Harrison....long ride. And don't forget the infamous Pig Trail, hwy 23 from Ozark to Eureka Springs. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply....we have four nights reserved at DeGray lake cottages.....lookinfg forward to having some fun. :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stopping for lunch around Paris,Cass and Pelsor.

Any good food stops in those areas? My brother and me have three days of riding in your state.

Any help appreciated....Tks. TR.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Take Highway 8 west to Mena and visit the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge. Unfortunately, the lodge and restaurant are closed for renovation this year, but the view from the site is amazing. (You can see Oklahoma from the back porch)

Hot Springs is an old gangster haunt from the 20's; the bath houses are quite interesting to see. It is also a very picturesque place with plenty to see and do.

Little Rock is a pretty cool place to spend some time; plenty to see and do there.

the further north you go, the more interesting the riding becomes; as someone stated, the "pig trail" will definitely give you a workout. We also refer to it as the "Hillbilly Dragon".

Going either east or south takes you to flatter areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts