Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to remind everyone what we are expecting. This is what Honda has said about the Honda Fury Chopper. Will these words have meaning on January 16?

What do you think?

How can you explain some of their comments?

like you have never seen from any major manufacturer

A chopper

a brand new direction for Honda in the cruiser category

we will shake up the industry as never before

this exciting new machine

destined to be a real winner

Another Honda first

a whole new approach

no better time to be with Honda

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of crap that some marketing/business major came up with. Surprised they didn't use synergy or paradigm.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Technically we have never seen a honda factory chopper from any other manufacturer ;)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Can't wait....I wouldn't mind owning one if it looks anything like the photo! I like all kinds of bikes and this, if it lives up to the hype is going to be great! Plus I have ridden Red all my life! Except for some Bultaco's in my flattrack days!

Hal, thanks for keeping thing straight around here on the Fury!

...................twin

·
Registered
667 Posts
sound like marketing crap from someone who knows nothing about motorcycles . i am going to call this as the worst hyped biggest disappointment of all time bar none . other than it being a 1300 turbine there is nothing they can do to make this thing out to be anything more than over hyped.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
How can you make these comments, when no one has actually seen a fury. So if a new motorcycle is not exactly what YOU wanted, it suddenly becomes a disappointing pile of crap? :dontknow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read what you wrote, but my brain processed it like blah, blah, blah.

Same crapola, different day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I for one, am looking forward to seeing this NEW bike... if its half the bike they have been portraying, it should be sweet. :popcorn:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just want to remind everyone what we are expecting. This is what Honda has said about the Honda Fury Chopper. Will these words have meaning on January 16?

What do you think?

How can you explain some of their comments?

like you have never seen from any major manufacturer

A chopper

a brand new direction for Honda in the cruiser category

we will shake up the industry as never before

this exciting new machine

destined to be a real winner

Another Honda first

a whole new approach

no better time to be with Honda
I think that with all the hype, expectations among Honda owners and other motorcyclists are bound to be higher now. A lot of bold talk from Honda before the Fury has even been seen. They're either very sure of themselves or it will turn out to be one big marketing blunder - and, I'm betting on the former.

I think it may very well end up being an exciting machine ..... at least for some.

The "whole new approach" angle .... just throwing some ideas out: a new way to purchase? Lease? Following HD's cues about being part of the "family" ..... and provide all kinds of clothing and accessories at ridiculously high prices ....

I wonder what kind of accessories, if any, will be available from Honda before the aftermarket companies come up with anything. My luck they'll offer hard bags and fairings for the Fury and not the X. Ok, just kidding.

Another Honda first? Well, I'd say those hidden cables and wires through the bars is some kind of first for a major manufacturer. That's about all I can tell at this point. There might be others.

I can see the Fury being a real rock 'n' roll machine. The 1300 engine is good but could have been a little larger. But, with fuel injection and lighter overall weight, yea, could be a kick gas cruiser! Oops, I mean chopper!

If I were younger, I'd be drooling right now. Heck, I even have a little spit on my chin right now as a matter of fact.

Did Chevrolet hype their 1957 model car like this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can't wait to see a factory custom Honda chopper.... Interesting.:doorag:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Im taking a wait and see if it delivers then comment. until it hits the streets its all guess work .:dontknow:

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
:agree: I am looking forward to something new from Honda finally. Not just a few bolt ons and calling it a new model. I am ready for a new bike, and who knows...maybe the fury will be it!

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
You checked out the victory jackpot?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am confused on why people are caught up on engine size as being a down fall? If you know your motorcycles then you know that engine size has absolutely nothing to do with power. If I am not mistaken the V-Rod is a much smaller engine then the 1800 and produces more power and is faster. Even the old V-Max was faster than the 1800 in the quarter.

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
I'm personally getting tired of all the speculation and crap.

No one's seen the thing, we're all going off a fuzzy picture and a patent pic.

Talk about stirring the pot:!: (we need a pot stirring smiley BTW :lol:)

Why don't we all just wait another week and we'll have true photo's of the thing. Then we can start tearing it apart. :?:

The more the hype, the bigger the let down when it's released.

I'm still holding positive or negative judgment until I see a true, non fuzzy, clear photo of the thing. The only thing I can say about it right now is that saying you've got a factory manufactured chopper is a HUGE contradiction in terms. "Chopper" has traditionally referred to legitimate chopping together of different bike parts in a back yard, homegrown type atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Kawasaki has something similar. it is a 900cc V-twin with a raked out front end with a 21" narrow tire on a multi spoked mag and a fat rear tire.

I saw one at a local bike night last night and thought of the fury right away.

anyone else seen one?

John

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Can't wait to see a factory custom Honda chopper"
Guess that means when I am done with one, it will be a post factory custom custom chopper chopper? I think they might pull this new model off in a similar manner to the way they did when the Magna arrived. That was the coolest moment in my memory... The magna, was different, and refreshing. and only a 750!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts