Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recieved a chrome speedo bezel for my "C" and don't have any information as to how to attach it to the speedo, other than to just glue it on. There must be abetter way!. It has two small holes in the back side, which is flat, with no other clue as to how it shoud be mounted on the speedo. :( Has anyone else done this? How the heck do you affix it to the speedo?? :?:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I do not have one...
I thought i read some where glue is what you need to do..

I would use clear silcone...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
sailor44 said:
I have just recieved a chrome speedo bezel for my "C" and don't have any information as to how to attach it to the speedo, other than to just glue it on. There must be abetter way!. It has two small holes in the back side, which is flat, with no other clue as to how it shoud be mounted on the speedo. :( Has anyone else done this? How the heck do you affix it to the speedo?? :?:
I have one of them on my VTX. Try using some clear silicon RTV on it. I found some at the local yocal auto parts store that dries in 30 minutes. Mine has been on for about 2 years now and it rock solid.

hope this helps,

D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Sailor, D-hav is correct. That is the directions that I got for installing mine. Although it has yet to be done. I too looked at those small holes and kept wondering how I could use them. Looks like D-hav has made my decision on how to attach mine easier. Thanks to you D-hav.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bezel

Thanks to all of you! I went and looked at the thing, and it seems to fit snugly right over the speedo ring, and I do think some rtv will do the trick.

I don't know the maker, as I got it from J C Whitney.

I am off to the races!!! RTV, here I come! :wink:
Love that X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts