Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have debadged my tank and want to attach them to my leather bags. Will the same 3M adhesive tape work on the bags? I tried Liquid nails, That doesn't work. If the 3M adhesive tape works, where can I get it? Thanks.
ED

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
The industrial grade 3M tape will probably work, if the grain (finish) of the saddlebag material is not to coarse. The tape is available at auto body supply houses. Best bet would be to place something hard and flat inside the bag (piece of 1"X3" ?) to clamp the emblem against. Let it sit for a bit, remove the back up, then repeat on other side.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jimbo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
as i recall the tank badges are not flat and this will make it even more difficult to make them stick. don't forget the times when you overstuff them with jackets, gloves, six packs. imo don't bother.....then again you might have a nice set of molded hard bags and my thoughts are a waste.

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
Yeah, with soft bags you would really have to rivet them on for 2 reasons.
a). The vinyl/leather moves and breathes, any adhesive will not like that much
b). If you ever put Armourall or other protectant like that on the bags, it's in the poors and the adhesive will not stick well at all

·
Old Goat
26,226 Posts
In the past Ive seen them on here mounted but no one mentioned how, all the above is good advice, most leather shops sell a chicago screw, thats basically a rivet with a screw back, I use them all the time on my gun leather or you could find a small screw back concho. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts