Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a question for any and all, :roll:

I Installed a HK2-1 sideburner and a Kury Hypercharger on my '05 1300c .

The jet that came with my hypercharger took out the popping on the pipes but, it was supposedly for 700ft.above sea level, But i'm at 2500 ft.,

When I give it the throttle I get a black puff :(

So my question is, does anyone know the proper jet size for these two Mods @ 2500ft

My stealer doesn't have a dyno machine. And I reallly don't want him guessing for me for 125 bucks or 95 an hour which evers greater.
Thanks
The MadHatter :wink:

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
From what I know, the jet kit that comes from Kury has a #65 pilot jet. That is WAYYYYYY too fat (rich). You prolly wouldn't need a PJ any bigger than a #58.

Try putting the stock PJ back in (if you changed it). For the main jet try a 200 or 210. Try the needle at about the 3rd or 4th notch and the AF screw at 2 turns. You can probably fine tune from there.

OR you can return everything to stock and try the SCAR method.

http://crapmods.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50

·
Registered
235 Posts
+1 on the Scar method. Too bad you're not out enjoying the awesome sound that is the sideburner!! You won't need much more than stock for a main jet for the hypercharger.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I run a Standard Hyper and i run the following:

Stock Pilot jet
2 shims under stock needle and stock main jet

Plugs are coffee brown, no smoke, no flat spots.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have the regular hyper and it came with a 65 pilot way to big.

Have the sideburner on and been working with the jets, did have the 55 in but plugs were just way to white (not even close to tan) for my taste even with a jet that is reamed out to a 215 think it was a factory 195 befor I reamed it.

Today I put in the 58 went 2 turns on the screw and the idle seems not to change as much after a hard run, will run a tank of gas through and check the plugs again so will know by Thursday night if it is good or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks for the info it is much appreciated

And yes, I still have all my stock parts

I knew it was too rich Cause of the fuel consumption in the city

But It seems to be getting 130miles before reserve on the highway so i'll try some tinkering

again tx all :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts