Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have waited to post on this until I got a few miles on the Avon Venom R tires that I replaced my stock Dunnies with.
The whole time I was on the stock tires, I kept wondering what people were talking about when they said the Dunnies were not that good..I never had anything to compare them too, so I was perplexed.
WOW. Were they ever right....these tires are awesome. Hard to explain, but it just feels like they are glued to the road at all times. The stock tires would feel a little spongy in turns, but these things are rock solid in the curves....and the bike just seems to handle much better. Thanks for all the posts and to this forum, cause it sure helps you make some good decisione when it comes to your bike. I have close to 800 miles on the new tires, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Avon Venom Rs

I too just put a set of Venoms on my bike. I have about 400 miles on them and they are great. 8)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I plan on burning up my stock Dunnies this year and put on a set of Avons before my wife and I take off on our 2006 summer motorcycle vacation. Glad to hear such good reviews. I know what you mean about the mushy feeling of the Dunnies. Feels like the road is made of cheese or something. Eww!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mileage

You will also enjoy the mileage you get out of them. I passed 10K on my set last weekend and the rear should be good for another couple Ks. The front will last even longer. I have been thinking about getting another set before summer shortages start again, they are popular.

·
Registered
320 Posts
avon tires

Allready bought new stock tires . The pair was $215. 00 from vicking moto.co. Only got 6,000 miles out of the first set and the front tire is more woren than the rear. Avon will be next with the good reviews. I also would like to know the milage you get out of the Avon vs the stockers.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
On my second set of Avon Venoms and cant say enuf about them. Recommend them to anyone who will listen (and a few who dont) :twisted:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm curious to hear how they do on wet roads. That center "strip" looks like it only has a groove on it every couple of inches. Almost like a racing slick in the center 1" or so.

Dave

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I love mine. I have had no problems on wet roads here in New England last fall.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I've got just over 400 miles on my new set, and so far I agree- they rock. The true test will be after this weekend when I go up to Leesburg for there bikefest, and I get to try em on some twisties.

I got 6000 miles outta my stock dunnies, and am hoping for many more miles out of these.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have about 4500mi on mine and not much sign of wear, the dunnies I had , looked done at 5000mi. NXed

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Woot! said:
I'd be interested in knowing how much mileage you get out of them.
After a little over 3k in about a month mine still look good and I ran them kind of hard a few weeks ago. We'll see. I only care about how well they stick and handle. High mileage would be a secondary benefit...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I picked up a nail in my Venom rear tire at less than 3,000 miles. :cry: I'm going to have it patched and keep it for a spare. I really like the Avons. But now I'm going to test the 200 Bridgestone Battleax on the rear with the Avon remaining on the front. News at 11... 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts