Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in St. Charles Mo. and would like to do a ride for B-B-Q. I want to find something about a 100 or 150 miles from St. Louis. ANyone have a favorite place? Pleas post it. If anyone else is interested maybe we can get together and ride.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
MoBiker said:
I live in St. Charles Mo. and would like to do a ride for B-B-Q. I want to find something about a 100 or 150 miles from St. Louis. ANyone have a favorite place? Pleas post it. If anyone else is interested maybe we can get together and ride.
MoBiker
Sounds like a good idea :!: unfortunately there is not much BBQ's in my area.
If you get a spot to meet at let me know and I'm there :!: I love good BBQ :chef2:

·
Registered
341 Posts
This isn't at all close to where I'm at, but my all-time favorite place for BBQ is 17th Street Bar & Grill in Murphysboro, IL. That's the original "hole-in-the-wall" place, and lines are usually pretty long to get in unless you go at an off time. They have a new "modernized" restaurant in Marion, IL. Same great food, but the atmosphere makes it seem like a chain, but then again, not as much time waiting. Make sure you take some saddlebags or something with, because you're going to want to buy some sauce to take back home with you. Google "17th Street Barbecue" to find out more about this place. It's a literal nationwide BBQ gem hidden in the middle of Southern IL. Plus, if you end up liking it as much as I do, I hear they're finishing up a new restaurant over by O'Fallon, so that will be real close to you when it's done.

Maybe I am going to have to sign up to go on the over night trip to Hog Daddys, because I'm almost out of sauce myself, and I've made myself hungry just thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
17th street is awsome ...

There's always southern Missiouri Strawberry's BBQ. Can't think of exactly where it is, maybe someone else will know.

Also, there's a place down in Christopher, Larry's Pit BBQ that is pretty good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
BBQ

17th street just named best BBQ in America by the Food network. They have stores in O'Fallon IL and somewhere else besides Murphysboro and Marion. Murphy is by far the best though. If anyone rides that way let me know, I'm just a short ride away and would love to meet up.
Paul

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Re: BBQ

pdatc said:
17th street just named best BBQ in America by the Food network. They have stores in O'Fallon IL and somewhere else besides Murphysboro and Marion. Murphy is by far the best though. If anyone rides that way let me know, I'm just a short ride away and would love to meet up.
Paul
We ate the last week on our SI ride :chef2: :eat1: It was the best BBQ I have ever had :!: It was a long sleepy ride back to the hotel for sure :lol:

I will definitely be looking forward to eating there again :chef2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts