Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a blast! Some of the best riding you can do anywhere in the country. I don't have any "nubs" on the bottom of my floorboards anymore...wore 'em all off running up and down the Dragon...what a rush! :D

After 1800 miles of riding last week in the mountains, I really appreciate the bike we ride. It really showed what it had. My girlfriend and I rode 2 up the whole time except some passes on the Dragon solo. It was a dream on the long hauls with the new Mustang seat with backrest. Really comfortable! Its pulled us up some really steep slopes in 5th gear when most were down-shifting. For those that have ridden the dragon, the sharp switchbacks that have a steep climb coming out of them...the X pulled us through the turn and up the exit in 3rd gear. That is impressive, especially riding 2-up.

Riding solo, I really found out how nimble this big bike is. I haven't ridden them all, but this has to be one of the very best handling cruisers on the road. It was amazing to me that I was able to throw this bike around in the S's (...throw being a relative term...we are still talking about a cruiser!). My girlfriend and a buddy that was with us roughly timed a roundtrip I made from the store to the over-look and back at just a little over 30 minutes.

Anyway, to those that haven't tested this bikes capabilities, rest assured, you're riding a great bike. I truely believe it will do all you can ask a cruiser to do. It would be a dream if it had the power of the 1800. For an all around cruiser, you'd be hard pressed to beat it. To those that haven't been to the Smokey's...GO! Ride the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway, Blue Ridge Parkway and all the other fantastics roads up there...I can't name them all! My girlfriend and I had a great time and we are looking forward to a return trip soon!

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
We got to ride there while we were at Honda Hoot! What a great place to ride.

Have you found your pics that ZeeFoto, or Killboy took?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Volhunter said:
What a blast! Some of the best riding you can do anywhere in the country. I don't have any "nubs" on the bottom of my floorboards anymore...wore 'em all off running up and down the Dragon...what a rush! :D

After 1800 miles of riding last week in the mountains, I really appreciate the bike we ride. It really showed what it had. My girlfriend and I rode 2 up the whole time except some passes on the Dragon solo. It was a dream on the long hauls with the new Mustang seat with backrest. Really comfortable! Its pulled us up some really steep slopes in 5th gear when most were down-shifting. For those that have ridden the dragon, the sharp switchbacks that have a steep climb coming out of them...the X pulled us through the turn and up the exit in 3rd gear. That is impressive, especially riding 2-up.

Riding solo, I really found out how nimble this big bike is. I haven't ridden them all, but this has to be one of the very best handling cruisers on the road. It was amazing to me that I was able to throw this bike around in the S's (...throw being a relative term...we are still talking about a cruiser!). My girlfriend and a buddy that was with us roughly timed a roundtrip I made from the store to the over-look and back at just a little over 30 minutes.

Anyway, to those that haven't tested this bikes capabilities, rest assured, you're riding a great bike. I truely believe it will do all you can ask a cruiser to do. It would be a dream if it had the power of the 1800. For an all around cruiser, you'd be hard pressed to beat it. To those that haven't been to the Smokey's...GO! Ride the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway, Blue Ridge Parkway and all the other fantastics roads up there...I can't name them all! My girlfriend and I had a great time and we are looking forward to a return trip soon!
You said it better than I could have, two weeks ago my wife and I road up the same roads you mentioned, I have a 1800 and she has a 1300. neither bike missed a beat. After we left, we continued up to Ft Campbell, home of the (Screaming Eagles) to see my son in law. he is heading out for the 3rd time in aug. By the way for any one that wants a wonderful stay in the Mountains ........check in to the
www.Cherohalamotorcycleresort.com , its about 5 miles before the start of the Cherohala Skyway which is the beginning of the loop to the dragon. they have small cabins for $50.oo a night for 2 ppl., or tent camping on the stream for $ 12.00 a night.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Country Girl,

Yeah I found the photos from Killboy, but Zeefoto and Moonshinephoto have not downloaded yet. Got some good ones on Killboy though. Have a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts