Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a great trip. Five days, seven states and 1700 miles. Three of us left Friday morning and made it to bike night in downtown Chattanooga, always a good turn out of bikes for that event. Saturday crossed over the Cherohala Skyway then up on US 129 for a trip through The Dragon and the Lower Foothills Parkway. Ran up on up to Virginia and back down to North Carolina and across on US 421 for a ride on The Snake. They think they have a better road than The Dragon. Met a local bud and he rode with us for half a day on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stayed that night at Maggie Valley and toured the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum the next morning. We finished up the lower Parkway and pushed on down into Georgia to test a road called War Woman. Caught a little rain and had to go across Wolf Pen Gap to T.W.O. on wet roads but it was still beautiful and no traffic at all allowing us to see deer standing in the road as we came slowly around curves. Stayed in Dahlonega that night and came home the next day. We were very lucky with the weather as the overcast skies kept the temps down and we only flirted with the rain clouds, never getting wet. We are lucky to have such great roads with in a days ride of us here in the flatlands.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
VERY FAMILIAR with War Woman and TWO from my Sportbike days back when I was on the radio in Atlanta...GREAT ROADS, and decent folks up that way too...

My Grandmother still lives in Gainesville, so always a handful of reasons to find my way up there -

tjk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.