Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be cruising down the road and get a backfire through the carb. took it to the dealer and they had it for a week and all they did was change the plugs and said it was fine . well it's not fine it still does the exact same thing and the colder it is the worse it is. hk 2.5 and carb rejetted any ideas

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Run that by us again only this time what year and about how many miles. Did you jet it or second party?
As Always Peaceful Cruisin’
BLACK POWER

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Check the acorn nuts. sounds like a leak had the same prob the nuts were
not that tight torq to 17lbs. hope that helps ya out .

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Old School said:
Check the acorn nuts. sounds like a leak had the same prob the nuts were
not that tight torq to 17lbs. hope that helps ya out .
I had a backfire that went away when I found my acorn nuts at the headers were loose.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Backfire through the carb / worse when cold....IMO you are running lean. Try raising the needle 1 clip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the nuts have been loose too long you might have to replace the exhaust gasket. It is a crushable metal gasket that is really only good of one time use. Folks will tell you that you can reuse them, mine leaked and caused the same thing you are describing.

BTW that is 17 IN lbs not ft lbs. My bad :oops: misquoted my info man.

I missed the "through the carb" and what we have been posting is wrong if that is the case. Loose nuts and bad gaskets will cause a backfire out the exhaust. Mine had a pretty blue flame....too rich.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts