Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have some of you guys done to the back of your backrest? I have a Hondaline low backrest with the backplate and was thinking about adding an emblem or something to that area. Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Go here.

Check out this site:

http://www.sbearstradingpost.com/leathercraft-conchos.html

They offer all kinds of decorations for leather. I ordered this one (below) for my leather tool bag and it's nice quality for under $10.00.

It's a good place to bookmark in case you ever want ot decorate some leather for your ride.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have the same VTX emblem that is on my Tank. It is a Honda Part and fits with no modifications.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Check out these guys. They were recommended to me about a month ago. Haven't done anything with them yet, but should be shortly.

http://www.thunderroadlaser.com/

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went and found a metal belt buckle I like and ground the loop and hook off the back with a hand grinder then laid on workbench and pounded it flat with a piece of wood, then took auto trim tape and stuck it on rear of backrest. Lots of metal belt buckles of all designs to choose from.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I purchased this metal eagle and flags emblem from JC Whitney several years back. It cost me $16.98 in 2005. You simply peel off the backing and it sticks on (just like our tank logo, etc.) -- fairly permanently. I placed it on the back of the plate on my NC/Paladin passenger backrest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the great ideas. I think I know the direction im gonna go after reading everyones replies.

Brian

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I know, I'm alot late on posting a picture of my backrest emblem... :grin:
Anyway here is my homemade emblem, made from a thin pcs of decorative plywood with a embroidery emblem and letters...

LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts