Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2006 VTX1800N3 Stock except for Barnette Clutch Springs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im back after being gone since 2007. So happy to have my 1800 back. A little surprised that the prices for aftermarket parts hasnt gone down much. Was hoping to find a backrest for under $50. Honda took a note from Harley, nothing under $100, ever. 馃槅

Registered
Welcome back. Given the VTX was last produced in 2008 for the 1800 and 2009 for the 1300, parts are drying up. The prices will only go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2006 VTX1800N3 Stock except for Barnette Clutch Springs
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back. Given the VTX was last produced in 2008 for the 1800 and 2009 for the 1300, parts are drying up. The prices will only go up.

I hoped that wouldnt be the case, its ok, the hunt is part of the fun.

Registered
Welcome back.
If you don't mind used parts, fleaBay had plenty of backrests the last time I looked. But the market might have changed since then.
I look at some of the prices on Ebay for used parts. The sellers seem to want top dollars for their used parts. Some of these parts are in terrible condition. But if you search hard enough you might find a good deal.

Registered
Im back after being gone since 2007. So happy to have my 1800 back. A little surprised that the prices for aftermarket parts hasnt gone down much. Was hoping to find a backrest for under $50. Honda took a note from Harley, nothing under $100, ever. 馃槅
I've had my 1800 C for over 10 years now. One of my first buys was an 'inexpensive' rigid mount small basic backrest from a company in Ga. (USA) called Bestem. It mounted between the 1800 C's 2-pc. seat. At 5'10", it made it a little hard to throw a leg over, but it got done until I could afford my Ultimate X seat w/ flip forward backrest. 1K times better!

Registered
2008, 1800C
Never give up on some random brand new gear turning up on eBay or gumtree (like Craigs list). A Cobra sissy del Australia ex US is about $450 here IF you can get someone to post it, I recently scored a brand new 'old stock' Cobra out of Melbourne for $100, still in its box. You need a strong scrounging game here

Registered
Im back after being gone since 2007. So happy to have my 1800 back. A little surprised that the prices for aftermarket parts hasnt gone down much. Was hoping to find a backrest for under $50. Honda took a note from Harley, nothing under $100, ever.
I鈥檓 currently searching also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts