Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honda had a recall on a part of the kickstand that was defective. i think it was just on the 02 retros im not sure about the c model. i had mine changed at the dealership saturday and the spring had cut into the metal pretty bad. i would recommend to get it checked out as soon as you can because a few have broke into on people. honda will replace it for free

G

·
0 Posts
Got mine, Thanks HONDA for the warranty bike from hell!

1. battery
2. kick stand spring bolt
3. front fender
4. gas tank
5. battery
6. new silicone for oil leaks
7. new plastic POS tank emblems
maybe I should start looking for real problems before June, :lol: :lol:
first Honda out of 10 to have any problems, I guess luck just caught up with me!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
buett said:
first Honda out of 10 to have any problems, I guess luck just caught up with me!
Perhaps you should take a glance at the GL1800 board. There are quite a few problems, some major like the frame welding issue, that seem to be plaging the new Hondas in general. Perhaps the pressure put on by H-D has gotten the best of Honda with them trying to build so many bikes in just one plant. I know that they build the Goldwing, VTX (both 1300 and 1800), all Shadows, Rune, and one of their Quads on the same assembly line. I think Honda needs to consider adding on, either to the existing plant or by building a new one some where in order to correct their product defect problems.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
buett said:

1. battery
2. kick stand spring bolt
3. front fender
4. gas tank
5. battery
6. new silicone for oil leaks
7. new plastic POS tank emblems
No wonder your neighbor thought you rode a Harley!! LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
OUCH :!: NOT A H-D
WHATS UP WITH THAT X BUETT
KRUT

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
KRUT said:
OUCH :!: NOT A H-D
WHATS UP WITH THAT X BUETT
KRUT
I think Buett really has a H-D, He just put X emblems on it. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buett is a great guy but sometimes i think his imagination runs a little wild lllllllllllooooooooolllllllllll. we still love ya man. krut are you ready for the ride?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Get 'er fixed, could be dangerous! Mine broke off at a gas station near Wisconsin Dells on the first day of a weekend trip. Luckily I was gassing up when I noticed the parts laying on the ground. Had to have my girlfriend bungy cord the damn thing up any time we stopped, all weekend. Replaced it myself before the recall, didn't keep the receipt. Oh, Well.

Mike

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
Yes it does include the C. I have my notice waiting to get my wheels so I can bring it in. 8)
I put my bike on the lift and removed the sidestand (3 bolts - 1 of #9 & 2 of #15) and took it into the dealer. The dealer replaced the post and screw set (#6, 14 & 12) on the spot (clamps it in a vice to remove the post), and I took it home and re-installed it. No problems, just takes a few minutes.

Oh, the dealer will need your VIN so he can enter your recall into the Honda database.
http://hondaonlineparts.com/showView.as ... 1800C|2003

1 - 10 of 10 Posts