Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I logged 370 miles in the saddle. Thanks to the BadX memory foam mod, I never got butt burn, wasn't sore when I got home, and woke up this morning with no lower back pain.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Allen is da man!!!!!!!! Just over 4500 miles since he did my seat......ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!!!!

Wade

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm next if I could ever win an ebay auction for a stock seat while mine goes to Allen.

Do these folks LIVE at their computer while bidding?

Update: THANKS TO THE MANY folks who offered their seat to me for a great price! I bought one and it is on the way to BadX

·
Registered
995 Posts
+1

Yep, just took my first long ride last weekend on my newly modded seat. Memory foam mod....Badx!! No butt burn and just darned comfortable! Most of my ride I was driving along thinking......dang this feels nice!

I've said it before, but will say it again......Thanks Allen!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is so reassuring. Allen has my seat right now. Timing was such that I got sent on a 4 week business trip. So the day I left I shipped it off the day I left.

I can't wait to get home and take it for a ride.

Looking forward to it Allen.

Mark

·
Registered
249 Posts
topspin43 said:
I'm next if I could ever win an ebay auction for a stock seat while mine goes to Allen.

Do these folks LIVE at their computer while bidding?
Only the last few seconds count on ebay auctions. Don't get in bidding wars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sent mine off yesterday to Allen. I am already having withdrawal symptoms for not being able to ride. Can't wait until I get it back.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My longest day in the saddle yet...

My girlfriend and I got together with her bro-in-law and some of his friends and did a benefit poker run for the United Way this past saturday (a beautiful day to ride, btw). It was kind of a ride (about 35 miles) just to get to the place where the ride started. The ride itself was 110 miles, and then there was the ride home. Instead of heading home with everybody else, I continued on to a sheet metal workers union clam bake that my brothers invited me to. Stayed there a little while (basically long enough to eat, although by the time I got there I had missed the steamers :evil:), and then rode back to the gf's sister's house (add another 19 miles each way).

All in all, I ended up doing 228 miles, and let me tell ya, I really gotta get off my a$$ and ship my seat to BadX! One of the guys on the poker run with us was commiserating with me about the lack of comfort on the stock VTX seats (he rode his Gold Wing that day, lol).

·
Registered
24 Posts
From all the raves about the job BadX does on the stock seat, I decided long ago to have mine done. But I was not willing to go several weeks without a seat in the summer. I decided that I would get the Airhawk cushion in the meantime, and it was a good idea. Got a really decent price at DerbyCycles and immediate shipment (I think I had it two days after having ordered it.)

When the interminable Maine winter sets in (I think it starts on 15 September), I will ship the seat off to Allen :)

Shadowguy

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Best darn $$$ I ever spent on my ride!

Allen is second to none when it comes to customer support.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone know the turn around time as of right now? I heard a few months ago that it was over 4 weeks.... Just wondering if I should buy an extra seat or just not ride if I can get mine back within a week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I called before sending mine in [about two weeks ago], he said it was 2-3 weeks. I asked if that really meant 3-4 and he said no, but it might be all of 3 weeks.

That works for me.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
BSReyn8 said:
Anyone know the turn around time as of right now? I heard a few months ago that it was over 4 weeks.... Just wondering if I should buy an extra seat or just not ride if I can get mine back within a week.
turn around is 2-3 weeks and has never been over 4 weeks. One thing we have started doing is scheduling seats. The way this works is you pick a date, the seat has to be there the day before its scheduled then the next day(the scheduled date) the seat is modded and shipped that same day so its only at the shop 2 days unless you don't send payment and I cant get in touch with you that day to get the credit card information then it will wait till payment is received :wink:

Guys, thanks for all the kind words its great hearing how much better the seats are after we do them. Thanks for spreading the word. :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
I thought BadX's work was excellent for the first month or so, now I realize getting my seat done by Allen was the biggest mistake I could have made.......
It is so comfortable that I spend 3 times the money on gas that I used to. :p :wink:
Anyone considering this it's $$ well spent :!:

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
b.hartman said:
I thought BadX's work was excellent for the first month or so, now I realize getting my seat done by Allen was the biggest mistake I could have made.......
It is so comfortable that I spend 3 times the money on gas that I used to. :p :wink:
Anyone considering this it's $$ well spent :!:
Are you sure your riding more and spending 3 times more or has gas prices gone up that much :wink:

YOU GUYS ROCK!

·
Registered
479 Posts
hey man, if you want really nice ride without spending a bunch on mustang, corbin, etc... send to badx, he is the man

just got mine done last week or so and am one happy camper

thanks to Allen and extreme seat mod, I like it very much and ride is more enjoyable now

\btw, he is great guy and was my pleasure to dealing with him

sincerely,

Dino

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I had loaned my spare seat out about 6 months ago. Then I loaned my brothers seat out after that. We both had Allen do our seats last year. I started trying to track our seats down. They both started out in lower Michigan and norhtern Indiana. My brothers wound up in South Carolina, and it was never shipped! This was all via hand offs. Mine had been all over the midwest but is now loaned out just a little north of me. I guess from now on we will take posession of the travelling seats before putting them back out.

Allen: If you ever get a seat in with my "sig" on the under side of it please drop me a P.M.

I would like to try the memory foam. I sat on one at a bike rally and it sure felt great. I just wonder if I will see much difference between the memory foam and the riders choice.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
W9VD said:
I would like to try the memory foam. I sat on one at a bike rally and it sure felt great. I just wonder if I will see much difference between the memory foam and the riders choice.

Oh yeah, you will feel a differance. The way I am shaping the seats has changed a little when adding the memory foam and its even better than before I think.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.