Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Layer

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you get and why? What are your sizes, roughly? I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra scratch for the double foam.

The cool side wants a shorter seat. But, my butt likes the idea of more foam. :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
I voted single cause that's what I got. Reason, cause I am a cheap bastid and didn't have the money to get more. I did go for the memory foam mod though...$90. Today was the first day and dang! I love it, soft, cushy and really does re-position you on the bike.....awesome!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that answer dave! 8) I really don't think two layers would make much differnce.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Double Foam

I'm a large guy (6'2", 330 lbs), and I got the double foam just after he started offering it. I've never sat on one with the single foam, but the double made a huge difference! It moved me back and down to where I have a much better position. I have back problems, but now I can ride comfortably for hours. I'm planning on getting the 4" risers, but the BadX seat mod is the best money I've spent.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm 6'2 250 and I got the extreme mod single foam. I love it. I wanted to go as low and as far back I as I could. I haven't had any real long distance rides since I had it done but I have put over 250 miles in a day on it and no complaints. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i got the single layer and hated it i felt like i was sitting on the pan, i hurt to ride after just about 10 to 20 min
i sent i back got the double foam and it is great
i am 5' 11" and 275 so if you are a bigger guy double is the way to go

·
Registered
126 Posts
Double on both here on our retro. It was awesome from day one and seems to get better with use. 6', 225 rider, 5' passenger. She is much more comfortable and a little higher.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Double. I am 6'3" and 260. Don't know what the single feels like but this was the best money I spent on the VTX.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like it will be double for me too. :D Now, I just have to find a seat to use in the mean time. I just got out bid on ebay for the only one there. At least (it seems) to have gone to a real rider and not a "shop" who will just jack up the price and resell it. :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts