Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I finally got into installing my air kit even though I have had it for a few months. classes and job has taken away from it. The first attempt I was only able to to the pair valve removal because the cover plate of my BAK wasn't drilled properly. Had to tap the holes and run a die over the stud. Anyways. long story short I got the pair valve out smoothly and this week am ready to attach the air kit. THe directions from the garage have been great. Taking off the tank was no problem with the write up and the pair valve was straight forward as well. I have been reading scars right up on tuning several times and think I understand everything just not sure if I should sue the Dyno kit I have or keep the stock keihn needle and main jet. Any inputs? I have vance and hines bigshots with regular baffles, looking to switch to quite or thunder at some point but that is latter, and a Barons BAK. From the jetting library that would be the 4th notch on the Dyno needle and the 210 jet with 2/5 - 2 5/8 turns on the A/F screw. If I stick with the stock needle I assume three shims and the same settings for the A/F. Guess I am just unsure if I should use what I got with the air kit or stay stock. From what I have read people have had success with both just wanted to see if anyone has my exact set up for just teh BAK and what they thought about it. Any input would be appreciated. I plna on attacking it this afternoon/evening or sunday. Personal experience or advice is welcome. Man this board is great. thanks in advance.

Brant Hubbard
Lincoln, NE

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have used the Dynojet that comes with the BAK with good success but I'm currently using the FactoryPro kit. The FP kit is alot better in my opinion and is alot smoother. Cant tell you anything about the Scar method. The BAK flows alot of air. I was running the 210 main, 4th clip, 2.75 turns on the a/f and the stock slow jet with the Dynojet kit and it ran good. I'm running HK 3 exhaust.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
You running aftermarket exhausts or stock?? If aftermarket/ free flow exhausts.. then

3 shims under the stock needle with either the stock mainjet or dj mainjet (210)

If you run the dj needle, then 4th notch.

In either case be sure and trim the tit under the needle holder cap.. see article -- http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=1914

This setup will get you running pretty good... if you want more then you can drill out one of the small/worthless dj mainjets to 218 and run that with the stock needle... or you can purchase a factory pro 205, series 393 (218 fuel flow equivalent) or empty your pockets for a $70 fp "kit" with needle that slides further into the jet and you will therefore run a larger jet size...

I'd just shim the stock equipment with 3 shims, 2 1/2 turns or so on the A/F and go riding... call factory pro and order a $3 205 series 393 mainjet and install that with the stock needle when it arrives.

Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts