Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAMA M&G oct 04 2014 mt cheaha state park 12:00 noon for lunch . SO LET'S HAVE YOUR IN PUT ON DATE TIME AND PLACE ..........THANKS JDUCK

·
Registered
164 Posts
October 4th is Thunder Beach weekend in Panama City Beach. Not sure how many Alabama Xer's go there, but Pam and I already have plans to go. But that's just us.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input. we are in the planing part so we will be move the date around so we can get the biggest group there

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Yea the 4th is fine, Like you Cheaha is the backyard so not hard to get there.......

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Dont for see any reason I wouldnt be there. Drop by today just to make sure it was still there........talked with a few of the regulars for awhile and headed south....

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I have a date with my doctor on the 1st. If all goes well I will be there, if not all ok then it depends on how "not ok" it is, ride safe safe travels.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Well procedure went really good. A little trouble on wound closure so I got to take 48 hrs off, no driving. Which means I can start driving Friday morning. Soooo I should be there Saturday. Probably stop at the Starbucks in Oxford for Java on the way. 9 or 10ish. Flexible on time.

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Hello Bama VTXers...I thought about y'all and the M&G. I am in the NE corner, came up Thursday to assist
on a broken drive belt repair. New pulleys, new belt, new electric impact wrench, new 1-7/8" socket....
So we completed the work Friday night, BUT looked at 3 houses in the late morning and afternoon Saturday.
Hope y'all had a good M&G.
Our first post repair ride was to Scottsboro, then US72 > CR33(almost to Hytop AL79)
before turning onto CR39(Crow Mtn) then descending down the mountain. CR39 is a much better road in terms of condition. Starting to get chilly up here! One more sweat shirt and chaps would have been nice.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Not many folks there this year, but good people just the same. Always enjoy the company. It was a cool ride and if I did much of it I would need some leather for sure. Ride safe safe travels

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Great seeing you guys again. Unfortunately I didn't take a single picture to post up. But with the group we had that might be a good thing. None of us are particularly "photogenic" anyways.

Had a great ride even though I was in a pretty strong cross wind the entire time. But unlike my cohorts I was leathered up from head to toe.

I guess we need to start thinking about the Spring M&G. If we come up with enough folks we might do something in one of the private rooms or even one of the outdoor facilities that are available at the park.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts