Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Checked the 7 day forecast and it looks like the weather is going to be on our side.
Temps normal and only a 20% chance of rain. I'll keep an eye on it though.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
NWS--Heflin
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 66. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Weatherground @ Cheaha State Park for 7 Nov
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
10:00 am 66 °F 67 °F 66 °F 100% Rain Rain 81% 0.05 in 3 mph NNW 100% 30.15in
11:00 am 66 °F 68 °F 66 °F 100% Rain Rain 81% 0.05 in 4 mph NNW 100% 30.14in
12:00 pm 65 °F 65 °F 65 °F 100% Rain Rain 80% 0.03 in 6 mph NNW 100% 30.13in
1:00 pm 64 °F 64 °F 64 °F 100% Rain Rain 85% 0.03 in 6 mph N 100% 30.12in

·
Registered
164 Posts
Checked the 7 day forecast and it looks like the weather is going to be on our side.
Temps normal and only a 20% chance of rain. I'll keep an eye on it though.
You may need to double check that forecast. The one I saw showed Anniston at 90% chance of rain with thunderstorms for Saturday.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well guys, unfortunately we will not be able to make this one; guess we will hopefully catch you guys on the rebound. Safe travels. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well keep an eye on the forecast and if it looks like a washout we'll pull the plug. But let's not give up just yet.
The forecast I was looking at was for Huntsville, so yes the Anniston forecast could be much different.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Well guys, unfortunately we will not be able to make this one; guess we will hopefully catch you guys on the rebound. Safe travels.
We will miss not seeing you and your bride!

How about a M&G in Columbus?
I would like to see the Infantry museum and some of that whitewater.
Fall/Winter is perfect for heading south!

·
Registered
266 Posts
We will miss not seeing you and your bride!

How about a M&G in Columbus?
I would like to see the Infantry museum and some of that whitewater.
Fall/Winter is perfect for heading south!

Sounds good to me; let's see what the rest of the guys think about it and we can plan the next one down here.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Since the forecast for Saturday doesn't seem to be improving what is everyone's thoughts about moving to Sunday the 8th? I think it will be cooler but dryer. Either day is fine with me however I know some of you may have church or other plans for Sunday.

Opinions please.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I won't be able to make it Sunday November 8th. Sorry. Maybe it's so late in the year, college football season is at it's peak, and the weather will be changing rapidly that we should consider spring of 2016 for a M&G.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Since the forecast for Saturday is calling for a 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms I'm moving the day to SUNDAY the 8th.

For all of you that had planned on the Saturday the 7th but can still make the 8th please post up here. I hate to do it since I realize that this will knock some folks from coming but I feel it would better to have a smaller group on Sunday than no group at all on Saturday. I just feel like if it's pouring rain on Saturday morning no one is going to come anyway.
So come on if you can still make it. Same deal just different day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Weather!

Hawk, weatherman here in B'ham says 100% chance tomorrow! (that blows) I can't ride in the rain, I'm not the wicked withc of the West or anything but my nerves just don't deal with it, plus I got no rain gear. Duh, that makes me a fair weather rider I guess. If it's not dropping down I'll make it though. Hope to meet you guys tomorrow, if not soon................... Blink

21 - 40 of 42 Posts