Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the thread:
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... nment+bars

My bars are rotated ~3-4 degrees right of centered when I ride. Have ~900 miles so far. Has anyone noticed this on their bike? I've recentered smaller bikes by loosening the pinch clamps and horsing the aligment. Any tricks or advice on doing it to my retro?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Mine was the same. I loosened the top calmp and straightened it. Unfortunately it took about 5 tries to get it right. You may want to look a little closer, I think mine was more of an optical illusion due to more wires on one side of the steering head than the other. Good luck

G

·
SteveinUtah,

If you look closely at the bar where it goes into the top clamp you should see an alignment mark. This aligns with the clamp where the clamp is split (upper and lower half mating surfaces).

Lonewolf

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To clarify - the problem is on the horizontal plane. Bar rotation is not the issue. In fact I've rotated the bar up and forward to accommodate my long arms :)

The appearence, picturing a clock face, is the middle of the bar is not aligned 9 o'clock to 3 0'clock, but seems to be running a little past 9 and 3.

G

·
Steve,

I understand. Put the alignment mark right next to the clam edge and it should be aligned.

The mark defines the setup location both front to back and side to side.

Lonewolf

·
Registered
13 Posts
steveinutah said:
I read the thread:
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... nment+bars

My bars are rotated ~3-4 degrees right of centered when I ride. Have ~900 miles so far. Has anyone noticed this on their bike?

Steve,

My 2003 VTX1800 Retro Spoked looks the same. It is also a red bike. Appears that the bars are offset 3-4 degrees to the right. I've about persuaded myself that it is an optical illusion. Have not attempted to straighten it out because I can't persuade myself that it is real. I have less that 1000 miles on the bike. Bought it new in the crate 3 weeks ago. My current thinking is that the cable arangement and the break lines etc etc has a lot to do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.