Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bare,
I just finished reading up on your front spring mod. Terrific write up, I will be doing this mod ASAP. While reading the write up you said that it was one of the top 5 mods dollar for dollar. I'm sure it is, but I also want to know, in your opinion, what other mods round out the list for the top 5? Thanks in advance.........

Steve

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bare. Any other opinions out there? What are the best mods for the almighty dollar?

·
Registered
228 Posts
One of my favorites, (if you wanna call it a mod vs an accessory), is my light bar. I do a lot of night driving to & from work. These lights really light up the road. It's also a good safety factor for daytime riding. I run them constant. Been a little windy here in N.M. lately but, the 800lb beast rolls right on through it. I'm up the road from you in Clovis. There's quite a few VTX riders in our area. Looking fwd to the Aspen Cash rally in Ruidoso next month!

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The forksprings are the most cost effective and make a huge
improvement in the handling.

The next best mod has got to be replacing the stock brakelines
with braided stainless steel brakelines. The cost is about
four to five times the cost of the forksprings though.
Over $300

Third best is replacing the taillight bulb with a 128LED taillight
replacement. I liked that so much that I replaced my turn signals
with the same units in a custom assembly.
Cost was about the same as the stainless steel brakelines.
so over $300 total.
About $120 for just the taillight replacement.

A more inexpensive mod is to replace the stock headlight bulb
with a 9003/H4 Sylvania Silverstar or CoolBlue bulb.
The Cool Blue units usually cost less than the Silverstars.
Both put out brighter light than the stock unit.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Seat mod (spend some time trying to get those things out AFTER you have stripped the heads, it will be worth tons)

Fork Springs - Not yet done, waiting for the wife to be away!

Down under Caliper bracket - cleans up the rear

Air box mod (stocker) - mileage and seat of the pants thrill went up on both accounts

Riley exhause mod - have many that heard mine go likey likey, for like $10 best investment!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like these ideas. I already have plans to do the air box mod and will be doing the fork springs soon. I'm going to do the airbox mod where you cut the front side out. There are a lot of things I would like to do, such as the P4, but seeing how I'm just a poor fireman, well, ya know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts