Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have been on this forum for a couple of months and finally in the position to fix the vtx. What i have is a vtx 1300 that has been dropped the headlight bucket is busted and the rest of the headlight assy is gone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that made a whole bucket to bezel replacement. I dont want to pay the 350 or whatever it cost from Honda. I did order a new bucket and the trim ring but all of the spacers and screws and adjustment and everything else is gone. I also ordered an led light, but no way to make it all work without ordering all of the other stuff, so at this point i think id just like to buy an aftermarket bullet style headlight for it. Pleas leave a link if anyone knows of one.

·
Registered
2007 1300 C
606 Posts
Do a search for motorcycle salvage yards, search e-bay, you may find the whole bucket and guts for less than you paid already. May not be as shiny as a new one, but it is a 13+ year old bike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search for motorcycle salvage yards, search e-bay, you may find the whole bucket and guts for less than you paid already. May not be as shiny as a new one, but it is a 13+ year old bike
Thank you for the reply. I have tried that and the lowest I've found is one for 175 and it's pretty beat up, I'll eventually buy all of the OEM stuff but don't want to spend that right at the moment. Yes it's a 19 year old bike but 3k miles and garaged it's still super clean they just had something fall on it and the headlight was the victim, so I'd like to get something decent looking, but wasn't sure if any of the ones on ebay for around 50 bucks that look like it would fit

·
Registered
12,911 Posts

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I ordered the stuff I have from partzilla but still to order the guts it's a couple hundred more dollars, and I need to put new rubber on it. The tires are the original 2003 ones so with all of that I can't swing it at once
I feel the pain in your wallet, lol. FWIW, a LED headlight replacement and adjustable mount bracket from VTX_Daymaker.com is 'around' $160, and a tremendous improvement over the stock and most aftermarket LED lights. Good luck with new rubber. Anything that rolls has been dealing with a world-wide rubber shortage for over a year now., and IF you can find what you like or need, the prices have gone Nucking Futz! I bought 4 new Goodyear OEM tires for my Equinox last Sept., just because I could, even though I didn't need them at the time. I will get them mounted before the snow flies here in Pa. Bike tires are much harder to source, and prices reflect that too. PS- bike tires regardless of tread depth, should be replaced around 5 years, as they are exposed to the elements that make rubber lose their gripping ability, getting harder, starting to develop micro dry rot cracks. Totally unsafe! I ride a 2 yr. old Dunlop Elite 4 bias on the front, and a Darkside General Altimax radial RT43 205-65-16 on the back. Superior traction and braking, wet or dry. Soaks up more road bumps. I run 2 bottles of Ride-On internal balancer/ sealer on the back, 1 bottle + on the front. Also 90* steel valve stems. 38 psi rear, 40 psi front. With my progressive front springs, my Progressive 444's on the back, and my Ultimate X Lowrider and 6" Rivco pullback risers, it is a pretty damn good ride. I did not do all these things at one time, it has been a work in progress over the 11 years I've owned her. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel the pain in your wallet, lol. FWIW, a LED headlight replacement and adjustable mount bracket from VTX_Daymaker.com is 'around' $160, and a tremendous improvement over the stock and most aftermarket LED lights. Good luck with new rubber. Anything that rolls has been dealing with a world-wide rubber shortage for over a year now., and IF you can find what you like or need, the prices have gone Nucking Futz! I bought 4 new Goodyear OEM tires for my Equinox last Sept., just because I could, even though I didn't need them at the time. I will get them mounted before the snow flies here in Pa. Bike tires are much harder to source, and prices reflect that too. PS- bike tires regardless of tread depth, should be replaced around 5 years, as they are exposed to the elements that make rubber lose their gripping ability, getting harder, starting to develop micro dry rot cracks. Totally unsafe! I ride a 2 yr. old Dunlop Elite 4 bias on the front, and a Darkside General Altimax radial RT43 205-65-16 on the back. Superior traction and braking, wet or dry. Soaks up more road bumps. I run 2 bottles of Ride-On internal balancer/ sealer on the back, 1 bottle + on the front. Also 90* steel valve stems. 38 psi rear, 40 psi front. With my progressive front springs, my Progressive 444's on the back, and my Ultimate X Lowrider and 6" Rivco pullback risers, it is a pretty damn good ride. I did not do all these things at one time, it has been a work in progress over the 11 years I've owned her. Good luck.
Does that light kit replace the bucket and all of that? I'd be totally down for that if it does

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I've noticed tires are hard to find and high as hell. I might just change the front. I have ridden it some and other than being a little less grip I don't think they will blow out or anything. I actually like the bike enough I got rid of my sportster. The vtx is just a more enjoyable ride, and I prefer the liquid cooling

·
Registered
7,716 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Congrats on getting your bike on the road...... BUT.....................

You said the tires are original from 2003 and were only going to replace the front one for now ❓

Don't ride it until you get BOTH tires replaced. They are 19 years old and not safe to ride on.

We want you around here on the forum. Your life is very important. 😎👍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts