Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a problem with a wally world battery? Or should i go to the stealer for one?
2005 1800N:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Anyone got a problem with a wally world battery? Or should i go to the stealer for one?
I got mine at a place called battery wholesale. It still cost close to a hundred bucks but I had let the bike sit untouched for close to three months, and we have had some pretty cold days, and I went out the other day and it fired right up. The factory battery lasted just shy of six years. 8)

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
My original battery lasted about 4.5 years, including two years in Pittsburgh without a battery tender. It never really failed it just started getting a little slow on cranking when the temperature dipped below 60 degrees here in Texas. Rather than get stuck out on the road in the middle of NowWhere, TX, I decided to do the preventative maintenance. I bought a new battery from the sponsor of this board. It was delivered for free to my door without any sales tax. (Beats the heck out of the typical chaos at Wally World on any given day.) The battery acid came packed in an idiot-proof container for installation into the battery. I poured the acid into the battery, put the battery on the charger for a couple of hours and varooom! I am good to go for at least another 4 years.

I believe DLP is having a sale right now. Check it out.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=1620&str=1&ID=990623368

·
Registered
238 Posts
Batteries Plus also sells them if you have one close to you but I wouldn't be scared of the WW battery either...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wally World Batteries

I've been buying batteries from Wally World for years and they are as good as anything else. The battery in my X right now is 4.5 years old and doing well so far. It came from Auto Zone. Just make sure to check the date of manufacture on the battery to make sure it hasn't been sitting around too long. After adding the acid put an overnight charge on it with a 1-2 amp charger. This is probably the most important step in insuring longevity.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
According to what i was told the wally wprld battery is made by the same people that made the stock battery.If wally world would have had one when i bought mine thats what would be in mine.I bought mine from Advanced Auto so far so good!!

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
The Xmas sale is on. Buy one from Hal. No brainer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
According to what i was told the wally wprld battery is made by the same people that made the stock battery.If wally world would have had one when i bought mine thats what would be in mine.I bought mine from Advanced Auto so far so good!!
thats close to correct, theres omly a few battery manufactures but there made to the sellers specs, IE= exide makes Napa batterys to the way Napa says, I think they make Sears too.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Who knows? My battery is 4 years old, ride at least a couple times a week. Could battery life equate to use? I know mine will die sometime soon and don't know what I will buy. Only a few manufacturers for most batteries. Could it be that a tender or more frequent use determines the life as much as a brand.
On the other hand, HDL has given good service and even if you found one at WW for a couple dollars cheaper what did the gas cost you?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
For the six years the stock battery lasted I never used a tender. I have one and needed it when I left the switch on for the amp but that was all.8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts