Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from my sister-in-law about this cool parking lot racing series that was sponsored by buell/hd. mostly they have it at buell/hd dealers in southern pa, and they say it is pretty cool. good test of your riding skills, and there are different classes for different bikes. here is the text i got:

Ok, I got the schedule for Battletrax for this year. Unfortunately, it has been severely scaled back from previous years, becoming a semi-informal event. But they're still hoping to add a few more dates. The locations are in Gettysburg (Battlefield) & Pottstown-Orwigsburg (Shaeffer's) - home of Yuengling!

Susan

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------

Hi,
The 3 events so far for 2005 will be on the web site this weekend
May 21 - Battlefield
August 20 - Schaeffer's
August 27 - Battlefield

There will be no plaques or anything for 2004, just like 2003.
I can't get the dealers to commit to any other dates for 2005.
Cost vs. payback is not good enough for the dealers to have events.

There maybe some more dates added but your guess is as good as mine.

The three events this year and any other dates added will not be a series. just fun events to ride.
Same format as last year.

9am to 11am Practice
11 to 12 Practice and TToD Competition
12 to 12:30 Lunch
1pm Bracket & Class Competition
Times subject to change
Hope to see ya at the events,
Mike

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that page is old and the schedule is from 2003, but it gives you an idea.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Battletrax event is at Battlefield HD in Gettysburg this Saturday. my brother suggests getting there early (10:30 or so) if you want to get in any practice riding on the track. I can't wait to compete with some roadkings and see who handles better! plus gettysburg is a great ride! maybe i'll see some of you x'ers up there!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow! that was really cool. it was a real challenge forcing an 1800 through that tight little course. i fiished 4th of 23 in brackets in my first battletrax and only 5 cruisers were left by time we did the speed runs, but i shaved 5 seconds off my time and was 4th against some real vets. i think i learned more about tight handling and cornering of my bike in one day than the entire last year. i would definitely recommend trying it if you ever get a chance. tyhere will be at least 2 more in southern pa this summer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts