Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, whats the best batwing fairing for the 1300c? Not buying everything all at once.:grin2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Smurfy, I will check them out. I have a Memphis fats on the bike now. Was also looking at a TKY also.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Of course I only have experience with MS. I like how it mounts, there are adjustment that can be made. It comes off easy for cleaning, working on the bike, or if you want to ride without it. There is a rubber gasket between it and the headlight that further reduces airflow, and a wide range of windshields available for it. Mine has a 7” windshield, that I plan to switch for a 6.5 with the lip to deflect the air over me.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/members/albums/213858-smurfy71/2008-honda-vtx-1300t-16842-picture71386-vtx.jpg

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hey y'all, whats the best batwing fairing for the 1300c? Not buying everything all at once.:grin2:

The “best” fairing is really dependent on what you are looking for. The MS fairing is a great option for the look and wind protection, but not for audio options. Reckless, Woody’s, and WideOpen Custom fairings will cost more but give you the ability to install a radio and speakers. I think that MS does offer a quick release that works on both the windshield and fairing but didn’t when I had mine in 2009-2010. I got the Woody’s fairing that I still have currently in late 2010 and it has been great.

I would be very reluctant to ever go back to just a windshield after having the fairing.

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I used the xr fairing. Back in the day I had to make my own custom mounts to look proper in my opinion. But I think they changed to mount with the Memphis shades mounts. But not sure if they are available any more or not. Been out of the loop since I sold it and got my roadglide. But I think it had the best finished look IMHO. IMG_20171022_182853168_HDR.jpeg IMG_20180412_225031.jpeg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
The MS batwing will fit on the mounts for the fatty windshield. I bought a second hand MS fairing and it worked fine. If the windshield isn't a quick release type them you need 4 of the larger mounting buttons but MS can supply those. The fairing settled the front of the bike down at interstate speed made it a much nicer ans smoother also warmer in the winter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Bat jb. I need to make a trip to the Caverns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice bike LIVEWIRE! I agree with you..phatpartsoutlet still sale those x fairings. I think they look awesome on the VTX. I'm in the process of getting me one but I had thought about selling my mine. What made you change to Harley?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used the xr fairing. Back in the day I had to make my own custom mounts to look proper in my opinion. But I think they changed to mount with the Memphis shades mounts. But not sure if they are available any more or not. Been out of the loop since I sold it and got my roadglide. But I think it had the best finished look IMHO. View attachment 131308 View attachment 131310

I used the xr fairing. Back in the day I had to make my own custom mounts to look proper in my opinion. But I think they changed to mount with the Memphis shades mounts. But not sure if they are available any more or not. Been out of the loop since I sold it and got my roadglide. But I think it had the best finished look IMHO. View attachment 131308 View attachment 131310

Came out gorgeous I have the same color bike, where did you order the fairing, I've been looking for something as nice as that....looks great!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Came out gorgeous I have the same color bike, where did you order the fairing, I've been looking for something as nice as that....looks great!
Boy that was a long time ago. I still have the T-shirts that came with. They said fast cycle parts. It was Extreme Revolution fairing that was made to order if I remember correctly. I have not seen one fit like it since, but it took work. 2 half's that I glued together with automotive body glue. Then painted to match. Then custom made brackets so it was done right. Sold it to a friend of mine so I can still enjoy seeing the bike.
If any one needs the glove box that fits above the xr fairing I still had that and gave it to my friend. He may sell it as he put a leather one on.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice bike LIVEWIRE! I agree with you..phatpartsoutlet still sale those x fairings. I think they look awesome on the VTX. I'm in the process of getting me one but I had thought about selling my mine. What made you change to Harley?
Sorry never saw this for some reason. I made the jump to HD cause I was out of things to do to the vtx.... Really it's because I wanted to get more touring in and the fairing was cool but man I do not regret making the move. I have a road glide with the m8 motor and man it runs nice. Still have a soft spot in my heart for the vtx though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts