Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the UPS topic from Hal, about an order I placed, and shipped Monday...via FedEx :roll: . Amazingly it got here today. :D Problem is....it was a birthday present for my wife, Tena (TnA) and she saw it before I got home. :( So.....early birthday present. :D :D :D

Here are the pics!!! (Guess what it is :D )

That's right...a light bar for her VTX1300S. :D

She was dancing all around, and told me to get it installed NOW!!!!

Happy Girl!!!!

A pair of Twins:

and the garage for the time being....with my son's old CR80 (soon to be Mini-Motard) on the stand......

·
Registered
718 Posts
Happy Birthday Tena..............You Go Girl. Looking Good on your VTX.

Hipshot and I am a 2 VTX Family too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hipshot rides a Black VTX1800C and I ride a Black VTX1300C......

·
Registered
900 Posts
Birthday greetings sent along for your wife!

Hope she has health and happiness in the upcoming year!

Nice job on the install, the bikes look great!

Ride Safe, Take Care, Dan
:coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seakayaker said:
Nice job on the install, the bikes look great!

Ride Safe, Take Care, Dan
:coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:
Thanks

Actually, the install was sort of a PITA. I love 'em.......but, I can't figure Honda out sometimes. :roll:

First... the mounting method for the turn signal is different than the bar for my 1800 (same turn signals on both bikes). The 1800 bar just uses a simple single bolt, through the bracket, into the turn signal stem....nice sturdy mounting arrangement. The 1300 has these wormy little rubber bushings, and a mounting bracket to mount the turn signals to the bar....no reason for this at all. The turn signals now bob around on fancy rubber bushings like a bobble head doll...especially on a bumpy road.

Next....and this was the same with the 1800 instructions... they tell you to fish the turn signal harness through the bar....OK...tricky, but necessary. Later, they tell you to fish the light wire through the bar....Huh???? :shock: :shock: :shock: Every try to fish a flimsy wire through a piece of conduit AFTER it is filled with other wires? I finally just taped them all together and fish them through at the same time.

Sometimes Honda does things that just make you scratch your head. :roll: :wink:

But they make one HECK of a bike!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
They use a fish tape, so its easy for them. A fish tape is spring steel (kind of looks like a giant watch mainspring) with a bent over tip. Electricians tool as common as a hammer for wire fishers.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dd3genrider said:
They use a fish tape, so its easy for them. A fish tape is spring steel (kind of looks like a giant watch mainspring) with a bent over tip. Electricians tool as common as a hammer for wire fishers.
I have a fish tape...the bar is too small, and the harness alone generally fills up the entire inside diameter. Best method is use another scrap piece of wire, and pull the harness and light wire through, just like you would with a fish tape.

But do both of them at the same time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Mark in ATL said:
dd3genrider said:
I have a fish tape...the bar is too small, and the harness alone generally fills up the entire inside diameter. Best method is use another scrap piece of wire, and pull the harness and light wire through, just like you would with a fish tape.

But do both of them at the same time.
That's how I had to fish my wires as well. It was still a bit of a PITA but doable.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Great picture!!! Looks like the VTX Smile to me... :) Mark I think you should post this picture in the Wives thread too.

Happy Birthday!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Oh yea man. There is no question about it. That is a VTX SMILE if I have ever seen one. That is a smile you can see a mile away. I looked just like that when I got mine. There is just something about the VTX that brings that kind of smile to the surface.

tlyoungb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts