Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
24,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding on Hwy 18 through Auburn Washington yesterday and was following a guy on a Honda Mag.Its 2 lanes going north and I noticed he was riding in the blind spot of the van on his left.Sure enoough the van pulled over into his lane and he just moved over onto the shoulder and accelerated by the van without a salute honk as calm as you can be.He took the same exit as I did and I pulled up next to him and mentioned he was very calm about what happened.He said it happens to him all the time in fact same thing happened in same spot yesterday. I mentioned that it never happens to me and he looked at me a little strangly.The light turned and we had to go before I could tell him I don't ride in peoples blind spots left or right side ever.
My point being you need to pay attention to where you are in relation to a cages mirrors.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
True Words. I NEVER ride the same speed as a person next to me NEVER. I try to go slower or faster - if you ride next to them - they will forget about you and over the come.

·
Registered
502 Posts
+1

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Northern_Rider said:
a general rule of thumb - if you can't see his/her face in their side mirrors, then they can't see you.
But I've been told it is loud pipes...so it doesn't matter. :wink: j/k.

Bull

·
Registered
68 Posts
Northern_Rider said:
a general rule of thumb - if you can't see his/her face in their side mirrors, then they can't see you.
That changes if they have a phone in their ear. Then, they can't see anything.

(speaking from my own experience)

Another reason to buy the Stebel (or equivalent).

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
+1 I try to stay out of the blind spot also but sometimes I get people trying to pace me so there kids can look at the bike and wave, the other day I passed a jag and then noticed it was pacing me I looked over and it was a good looking lady of color :wink: she winked at me and blew me a kiss now if you could see my old azz makes you wonder what she was winking for. :lol: Have a safe one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.