Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clean it up and bring it over. I had a bud call me up and tell me that he had a neighbor that was rebuilding a Honda something or the other. He thaought that it was an old CB 750 but doesnt know Hondas. He's a HD guy. He isnt into brand bashing and doesnt care what you ride as long as you ride. His neighbor brought him a left side cover (goes by the shifter lever) and wanted to know where he could get it polished up a little. He thought of me and gave me a call. I told him to clean the gunk off of it and bring it over. BIG MISTAKE. Turns out that after he power washed it still looked like crap so he sand blasted it with regular sand. OUCH. Didnt really hurt it but sure made the polishing rough. I worked on it for about 5 hours total and then sent it back with a message to finish it up with a good metal polish. Didnt tell him to pay me as my bud has done me several favors over the years and I've done him some as well. Figured it was just another favor. Earlier this evening my wife called and said that the guy was so happy that he wrote me a $100 check. Maybe Im in the wrong business.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Right on but that only works out to 20 bucks an hour

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but considerig that I wasnt charging anything cause it was for a friend helping out a neighbor its good money.

F

·
0 Posts
$20 an hour is better than a poke in the eye! Plus, you've made a new friend that appreciates your work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts