Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKED IN ARCHIVES COULD NOT FIND POST ABOUT BEACH BARS YOU CAN USE WITHOUT CHANGING CABLES. ANYONE HAVE INFO. ON THE WEB SITE. FOR A 03 RETRO. THANK'S

·
Super Moderator
63,857 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the CP 1.00 beach bars installed on an '03 1800 Retro. Didn't have to change any cables or lines. The lines are about as close to tight as I would like at full rotation of the bars, but I will watch for signs of wear. Each makers bars my be slightley different which may explain why some people have had to change other components, and others like myself have not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
beach bars

I have some grande beach bars made by flanders. Installed with
original cables and lines. Had to reroute a few but it can be done
with plenty of room.
Quick question. How do I remove the bottom half of my post.
I've had the same thing on there for months now. It's where
you put your accessories you have and what kind of bike etc...
THanks for any help.

Derringer

·
Registered
225 Posts
Quick question. How do I remove the bottom half of my post.
I've had the same thing on there for months now. It's where
you put your accessories you have and what kind of bike etc...
THanks for any help.

Look up top of this page, click on Profile. Log in and after that, scroll down to Signature. Change away! That should do the trick.

Ptackley

·
Registered
485 Posts
I put cruiser performacne 1 1/4" X 36" beach bars on my 03 1800retro. Cables and lines worked, but no matter what I did, at full turn the lines and hoses would hit the tank. It is enough that after time will leave marks in the tank. Now I have 1 1/2" ( 6" rise ) T-bars on now. Work great, cable are long ( ordered shorter throttle cables ). These feel really cool. The beach bars probally went more with the retro look, But like the T-bars much better for me. Can't figure how to post picture or I would show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts