Honda VTX Forum banner

Beeline GPS for Motorcycles

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SeaSteve 
#1 ·
I'm watching to see if this Beeline Moto delivers a good product. It gives basic directions to way points/routes created on your phones GPS.

Most GPS devices have been created to get you from your current location to an address. As riders we are going in "routes," A to B to C to D...etc. On my "older" garmin it's a pain creating routes. I find my phone to be the easiest tool to create routes BUT it's hard to see in the sun.

#3 ·
I rarely add apps to my phone. They want too much info.
Most want to have access to contacts..

My ride to Texas I set 10 way-points on GPS going on state roads.
Texas waypoints: Jasper,TX; Huntsville, TX; Rockdale,TX; Spicewood,TX

#4 ·
I use HD's ride planning website. I plan my route to my destination, as well as the day trips I will be taking from that location, setting all my way-points using my laptop (it's easier using my laptop.) The website allows me to save all of my routes (which helps because I usually have to change them as the trip progresses.) The website allows me to download a GPX file to my laptop for each route and then I copy them onto my Garmin. Once on my Garmin I "Import" the routes and they show up in "Routes" on my GPS under the name I gave them.

Ride plans can be saved as private or public. That's nice because you can look at other people's public routes for ideas when building your own or you can use or adjust their route.

https://maps.harley-davidson.com

#5 ·
I've tried HD's ride planner but lately I've been using Rever. I went Premium to get the Butler Roads added to the maps.

I do the same thing...Create routes on a PC with Rever, download the GPX file, then upload the GPX to my "older" Garmin (which is hit and miss).

It should be simpler so I'm hoping Beeline works.

#6 ·
Interesting site - I checked it out. It doesn't have the public routes like HD. I'm not familiar with the Butler maps but I will look into them. I can't find anywhere in my area where they are sold so I guess I'll have to take a chance and buy one for my next trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.