Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I logged on here a couple of days ago and after thinking about it a bit I thought I might better introduce myself since I really haven’t been here much but plan to be here more. I ride a VTX 1300 S, swapped on C rims and did a little customizing with DaytonaVTX Dragger Bags, lid poppers and speakers, KURYAKYN fairing, home made rotor covers, custom paint by me and soon electronic cruise control. I have been very active in the VTX community and some here may know me, been to my house or took a trip with me. I have a 2010 Goldwing that I also ride on longer trips for my wife’s comfort and she has a 2009 Spyder GS with aCorbin seat and saddlebags that were added by the dealership on the new bike. I very much enjoy my VTX and love to ride and hope to meet some people here I can consider family like the ones from the last forum I was on. I’ve been to the East Coast Gathing, West Virginia ride that I know some here have also attended so I hope I’m not a total stranger to some!!! Anyway what I’ve seen so far is both strange and refreshing and hope to add some wisdom and take away some too. And just so there’s no misunderstanding I left the other forum of my own accord (don’t want anyone thinking I’m a trouble maker)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Be happy to share a picture of the Wing too but these are the real toys for us here!!!

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
90 Posts
I haven't been around long, but glad you're here. I have found it a lot more up beat and fun here. Love the bike. I'm in central Virginia and will be around. I was planning on getting a second 1800 for redundancy, but as I look around I am beginning to see time not being on it's side. It's a shame Honda doesn't make these machines anymore. I too will have a GL in the stable, but I am not going to get rid of the X.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I logged on here a couple of days ago and after thinking about it a bit I thought I might better introduce myself since I really haven’t been here much but plan to be here more. I ride a VTX 1300 S, swapped on C rims and did a little customizing with DaytonaVTX Dragger Bags, lid poppers and speakers, KURYAKYN fairing, home made rotor covers, custom paint by me and soon electronic cruise control. I have been very active in the VTX community and some here may know me, been to my house or took a trip with me. I have a 2010 Goldwing that I also ride on longer trips for my wife’s comfort and she has a 2009 Spyder GS with aCorbin seat and saddlebags that were added by the dealership on the new bike. I very much enjoy my VTX and love to ride and hope to meet some people here I can consider family like the ones from the last forum I was on. I’ve been to the East Coast Gathing, West Virginia ride that I know some here have also attended so I hope I’m not a total stranger to some!!! Anyway what I’ve seen so far is both strange and refreshing and hope to add some wisdom and take away some too. And just so there’s no misunderstanding I left the other forum of my own accord (don’t want anyone thinking I’m a trouble maker) View attachment 196378
Be happy to share a picture of the Wing too but these are the real toys for us here!!!
Mike is def. one of the good guys! A real teddy bear who likes to joke, have fun, treat his friends right and FWIW, as you can tell by his pic, he has an 1800, not a 1300. He must've had a Sr. moment there. My life is better for having made him a true friend.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is one on both sides, I’ll take some better pics and go through the process of making them with the pictures. My last phone died in June so I lost some of the pictures but I’ll scare up what I can after work

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
There is one on both sides, I’ll take some better pics and go through the process of making them with the pictures. My last phone died in June so I lost some of the pictures but I’ll scare up what I can after work
Mike, you need to show the fellas here the Daytona bags from the back of the bike too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I logged on here a couple of days ago and after thinking about it a bit I thought I might better introduce myself since I really haven’t been here much but plan to be here more. I ride a VTX 1300 S, swapped on C rims and did a little customizing with DaytonaVTX Dragger Bags, lid poppers and speakers, KURYAKYN fairing, home made rotor covers, custom paint by me and soon electronic cruise control. I have been very active in the VTX community and some here may know me, been to my house or took a trip with me. I have a 2010 Goldwing that I also ride on longer trips for my wife’s comfort and she has a 2009 Spyder GS with aCorbin seat and saddlebags that were added by the dealership on the new bike. I very much enjoy my VTX and love to ride and hope to meet some people here I can consider family like the ones from the last forum I was on. I’ve been to the East Coast Gathing, West Virginia ride that I know some here have also attended so I hope I’m not a total stranger to some!!! Anyway what I’ve seen so far is both strange and refreshing and hope to add some wisdom and take away some too. And just so there’s no misunderstanding I left the other forum of my own accord (don’t want anyone thinking I’m a trouble maker) View attachment 196378
Welcome to the other side mike! Glad to see you here:)

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Scott glad to see you too brother!!
Automotive tire Product Dishware Tableware Automotive lighting

Guitar accessory Wood String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Made wooden templates to account for the brake mounts and calipers, bought a couple aluminum pizza pans from Amazon and cut them out. Cut the flame licks out with a key hole saw. Had the thickness of the pans cut of the spacers by a machinist friend and ran some LEDs to them for the cool effect! Painted them the same colors as the bike with a little accent airbrushing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Howdy from Texas and welcome back to the forum, sir.
Sorry I didn’t spend more time here!! I really don’t know why I settled on one forum over another but I’m enjoying it here so far!!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
View attachment 196404
Made wooden templates to account for the brake mounts and calipers, bought a couple aluminum pizza pans from Amazon and cut them out. Cut the flame licks out with a key hole saw. Had the thickness of the pans cut of the spacers by a machinist friend and ran some LEDs to them for the cool effect! Painted them the same colors as the bike with a little accent airbrushing.
A big Thanks, and the led lighting really ads to the upgrade.(y)

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
90 Posts
It got me looking into a set of them, but It looks like the guy hasn’t been around and there were issues trying to get bags. I really want a set.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
It got me looking into a set of them, but It looks like the guy hasn’t been around and there were issues trying to get bags. I really want a set.
Yeah, Mike will tell you the seller was really stalling him for whatever reasons. Mike was in Fla. and went to his shop. He said he wasn't leaving w/o his bags.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes very bad business man but really nice guy, didn’t make up for the fact he took my money and promised to have them to me by a certain date and months later still hadn’t made them. I told him to just do the basic molding because I was going to cut them to modify and put the remote open in for the lids. He had multiple people that had paid him money and never got the product.

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,245 Posts
Mike is def. one of the good guys! A real teddy bear who likes to joke, have fun, treat his friends right and FWIW, as you can tell by his pic, he has an 1800, not a 1300. He must've had a Sr. moment there. My life is better for having made him a true friend.

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy thinking that 1300 looked an awful lot like an 1800.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts