Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
94 Posts
Yes very bad business man but really nice guy, didn’t make up for the fact he took my money and promised to have them to me by a certain date and months later still hadn’t made them. I told him to just do the basic molding because I was going to cut them to modify and put the remote open in for the lids. He had multiple people that had paid him money and never got the product.
As I was reading through the thread I kept saying man I hope he still does these. Then I got to the 1800c thread and when it went sideways I almost melted. You got yourself a rare thing there.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not very many sets were made and I know where half of them went across the US and mine are the most modified. I recessed the bags to fit with polish rear crash bars and put the plasma rods in the bottom trailing edge them painted them just enough to disappear. Fabrication and airbrushing are how I relax, I can lay down a decent paint job and I’m as OCD as they come on bodywork. I know where every imperfection is and I change things every now and then to make it look better.

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
94 Posts
I saw those rear crash bars and will fabricate a set for mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got mine from RoadStyler for around $250 US, good quality and better yet great customer service. I’m not sure you could make them for that.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
94 Posts
Got mine from RoadStyler for around $250 US, good quality and better yet great customer service. I’m not sure you could make them for that.
I figured they were custom. I’ve never seen any rear bars for a metric. Then again I never dug around either. Nothing showed up in any search so I assumed they didn’t exist. Where did you get the lower cowls for the front bar?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Search rear crash bars here and the have the link in there. Never heard a bad word about them. And my experience was great, the guy contacted me when I ordered then again when they shipped with the shipping info and expected arrival date and when they made it to customs in the US. Wish some of the US companies were that customer oriented.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts

Being a car guy, painter, fabricator and general jack of all trades I tend to over do things
Holy smokes, that is just cool.
Imagine you're walking out of a grocery store with bags of groceries and a helmet and people are staring at you. You click the remote in your pocket, stuff the grocery bags in your bike and ride off into the sunset. BTDT (well, besides the remote pop LOL)

I love fabricating things too. When we were building two custom bikes for my buddy and myself during the Corona lockdown last summer, I fabricated a lot of stuff out of cardboard, plywood and other "soft" template materials until I made them on the mill from aluminum or stainless steel. Always fun when the pieces fit together properly in the end!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Cabinetry Furniture Countertop Wood Shelf

Furniture Comfort Interior design Floor Wood

Wheel Tire Truck Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Cabinetry Countertop Furniture Kitchen Table
Wood Automotive design Rectangle Flooring Floor
Just because Fran was wanting to show off his accommodations when he comes to the house for an outing I found some good shots of the inside to date
Architecture Interior design Wall Tints and shades Space

It’s a 20’ with V nose. I made the beds go up and down with pulleys and a winch underneath and a garage door spring to make it go up and down smooth. I have a custom made 15 gallon fresh water tank and water pump along with a city hook up just no hot water (wish I had a shower). Fridge and microwave built in, plenty of storage, porta potty, tv and disc player, stereo, LED awning light and awning. This is one of those projects that is never ending. I’m adding a second battery and making a battery cover and vent it to the outside, installed a power inverter and dc converter to charge while I’m plugged to the shore power and the inverter will run the fridge down the road for shorter trips or a fan to stay in a Cracker Barrel parking lot over night. The couch is a Chevy truck rear seat built on a hinge to the wall and a couple legs that fold up underneath and it stows on the inner fender taking up about 16” on the side. I put 3 power trailer jacks 1 front 2 back to stabilize the trailer so set up at the site takes about 10-15 minutes. I put the RV air conditioner in, had an RV style door factory installed, 1 window installed and one put in myself. I know I’m forgetting some stuff and do have a few things to do to make it even more comfortable but it’s been a 5 year project so far and probably be done in time to sell it and get a bigger one to do to retire and travel in with a shower and a goose neck.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
View attachment 196454

View attachment 196452
View attachment 196453
View attachment 196450 View attachment 196457 Just because Fran was wanting to show off his accommodations when he comes to the house for an outing I found some good shots of the inside to date View attachment 196458
It’s a 20’ with V nose. I made the beds go up and down with pulleys and a winch underneath and a garage door spring to make it go up and down smooth. I have a custom made 15 gallon fresh water tank and water pump along with a city hook up just no hot water (wish I had a shower). Fridge and microwave built in, plenty of storage, porta potty, tv and disc player, stereo, LED awning light and awning. This is one of those projects that is never ending. I’m adding a second battery and making a battery cover and vent it to the outside, installed a power inverter and dc converter to charge while I’m plugged to the shore power and the inverter will run the fridge down the road for shorter trips or a fan to stay in a Cracker Barrel parking lot over night. The couch is a Chevy truck rear seat built on a hinge to the wall and a couple legs that fold up underneath and it stows on the inner fender taking up about 16” on the side. I put 3 power trailer jacks 1 front 2 back to stabilize the trailer so set up at the site takes about 10-15 minutes. I put the RV air conditioner in, had an RV style door factory installed, 1 window installed and one put in myself. I know I’m forgetting some stuff and do have a few things to do to make it even more comfortable but it’s been a 5 year project so far and probably be done in time to sell it and get a bigger one to do to retire and travel in with a shower and a goose neck.
So now you're either going to sell my room or raise my rent? LOL, thanks again for sharing, brother.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So now you're either going to sell my room or raise my rent? LOL, thanks again for sharing, brother.
In about 6 years and build a full time travel toy hauler out of a 24 foot enclosed trailer. Can’t raise rent on you you my friend!!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey Mike (and others) I'm in the same boat, still have my very customized 1800 but life got busy and I'm ashamed to say I didn't even get to ride this year. Major house addition/renovations, really busy at work, first time grandparent and older parent needing a bit of attention. Gonna cost a bunch to put her on the road next year, all fluids, maybe tires but can't wait!

Hope you're all keeping well, the other forum looks dead.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I s
Hey Mike (and others) I'm in the same boat, still have my very customized 1800 but life got busy and I'm ashamed to say I didn't even get to ride this year. Major house addition/renovations, really busy at work, first time grandparent and older parent needing a bit of attention. Gonna cost a bunch to put her on the road next year, all fluids, maybe tires but can't wait!

Sure hope you’ll come down and visit me brother, and most have been run off the other forum by one person but to be honest I’m liking it here much better. Thinking about another shindig here so don’t be a stranger. Message me a phone number and if I get something going I’ll let you know early enough to come down!!

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
10,757 Posts

Gary, I see you found us renegades over here. Sent you a PM on the Cafe.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts