Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to do some riding with Randall Kipker and his wife Lisa. They were in town to see how Shawn at Highlander Cycles was doing on the mods to Randall's bike.

Here is how it looked before he started:

And here is what it looked like yesterday. He still has to make the rear fender and do some more metal work:

Also got to see Mike Schmitt's bike and how its progressing. They were doing some welding so it was hard to stay close to the bike:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just when we think "our" bikes are looking good......I must say it looks good. Thanks for sharing Hal.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I've seen a few bikes with the solid side cover and I was curious how you would work on any of the electronics since their welded to the frame? Am I missing an access point?

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
WOW, Very Nice!!!! Should Be an Awesome "X" :D :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
what's the rake on that bike?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
The top. Take the seat off.
You can only access the battery and top electronics though. How do you get to the bottom right or left without cutting your hand up?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Very awesome looking bike. Where is that front piece on the headlight from in the before picture? Kirk

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Honda headlight cowl.
Does HDL sell them?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes Honda does make that cowl for the 1300.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Am i blind or just not seein that 1800 radiator stickin out, Or are you kids plannin something special?

·
Registered
271 Posts
TANK TRIM!!!

Did you see the first picture had TANK TRIM!!!!!

I gotta get me some of that stuff. It now makes the forks rake out longer.

That stuff is $#$#%@$% incredible!

I LOVE TANK TRIM!

·
Registered
937 Posts
First, thank you Hal, for being an incredible host. Hal allowed me and my wife to ride out to Holiday Park in the glades on Sunday with him after we met at the HDL warehouse. Lisa and I toured the HDL warehouse, and I was going to make a separate post thanking him and informing you guy's about the HDL warehouse! Man simply awesome! Rows upon rows from the floor to the roof of parts for Honda's, mostly VTX Honda's.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Big Joe of Kewl Metal, since he and Hal came by HCC on Saturday. Big Joe and Hal came screaching up on their decked out "X"'s... the rear stretched 1300 with a 250 rear and the mean 1800.

The trip was awesome... and meeting Hal and Big Joe was the icing on the cake!

Thanks again HAL.... for the great ride and trip to the glades!

Also, thanks for the comments above, I am smiling... BIG :D SMILES
RKip 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts