Honda VTX Forum banner

Best amp

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ptxl1000 
#1 ·
Hello fellow VTX riders

I am looking for the best amp to power my 4 steel horse speakers. My speakers came with a roxford fozgate punch amp and the amp does work very well ... it over heats (165 degrees according to my mechanic!) and it cuts out after forty minutes of play from my iphone via bluetooth and Spotify.

Cost is no option...i will pay premium price for my Credence Clearwater as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Montana *******

#3 ·
Inside my saddlebag

#4 ·
Couple unknowns here but I looked at the website for Steel Horse and I think they're over-reaching on their specs. I have never seen a 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 speaker that could handle what they claim. They use Kicker speakers and at best they probably handle 70 watts each. The Fosgate amp they pair it with has a 1% distortion level which is up there. That said, I have been a big fan of Hertz products which I run with my system. A couple of recommendations would be the following- These are clean running amps which means the volume will be louder without the distortion since these have .2% distortion on average. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Good luck.

HCP4 - Hertz 4-Channel Class D
HMP 4D 4 Channel Class D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.