Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Need some advice on the best hard bags to slap on my VTX1300T. I have been looking at bags from Matuza, A1, Viking, and about a million other companies. The one thing I do not want to do is relocate my signals. In my search, some companies have cheap crap, others Good but really expensive. I am looking for a clean sleek top rounded look to match the fender. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am very pleased with my Vikings and the quick release mounts, super easy to install and no moving needed on the turn signals,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The T model comes with semi hard fake leather bags. Ugly bags. I want fiberglass hared bags I can color match to the bike

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Really hard to get all you want without moving lights or building mounts for the bags. If you buy cheap hard bags making new mounts might be a good idea anyway. I bought used Tsukayi bags for 2 hundred. You would have to work the mounts some to keep the lights.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
you can but the Tsukayi bags that you don't have to relocates the turn siganls

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys! I took a look at Viking bags specific for the "T" and Tsukayi. Both are nice. Now I only need to pull the trigger!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Tsukayu has specific bags for your bike and you do not need to relocate your turn signals. They come in both fiberglass or ABS...........................

Watercop

·
Registered
383 Posts
Go with the Tsukayu VTX specific fiberglass hard bags. I have these and they look great although they make the rear of the VTX 1300/1800 look very bulky, which I personally love as I love bulky derrieres (in motorcycles and in the female form). Tsukayu's are the biggest hard bags available, except for some custom fiberglass hard bags that I specifically purchased from a local artisan for the VTX 1300 in which I could fit a full size helmet. These massive hard bags didn't allow me to properly install a tour trunk, so I said, "whatever", and spend the extra dosh on the Tsukayu hard bags and tour trunk kit. I may sell those massive custom fiberglass bags in the near future too (they're great for a bagger project, I just prefer a touring bike instead of a bagger).

You can even install the rear saddlebag guards from Road Styler with the Tsukayu bags, which I've done, although the bags' lids cannot be open fully (I'm OK with that and I'm devising a way to get around this).

Hard saddlebags are among the best investments I've made for my VTX 1300.

Whatever you do, do not buy the cheap ABS plastic hard bags unless you love spending you time doing mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts