Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing some riding/camping over the summer and wanted some suggestions on the best security locks for my bike. I've seen your basic cable/lock and others that lock on the rotors. Is there any particular kind or brand that is consistently rated above the others? Input is appreciated.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
A good insurance policy is about it..If they want to take it,its gone..
Unless it's locked to a structure,pole,or another bike,they will just pick it up and take it...

·
Super Moderator
63,687 Posts
Yo don't really need one. As said, if someone is out to steal a bike, chances are they ain't going for a Honda. My VTX was well decked out and a show winner. I parked it everywhere, overnights and all, and no locks and I didn;t even lock the bars, nothing ever happened to it.
But, if it makes you feel better, and rotor lock will do, just be sure to get a "Remove Before Flight" flag to snap onto your throttle cables near the grip so you remember it's on

·
Registered
913 Posts
If the pros want it, they will take it.

I've had a bike stolen. The fork was locked and I had a chain through the front wheel and crash bars. The investigating officer said that they must have simply picked it up and loaded it on a trailer or pickup. He probably know what he was talking about as he and some buddies were arrested about six months later for operating a stolen bike ring.

1. Insure it!

2. Lock the frame to a structure with a good quality cable and padlock.

Whatever you do, if the pros want it, they will take it.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Yo don't really need one. As said, if someone is out to steal a bike, chances are they ain't going for a Honda. My VTX was well decked out and a show winner. I parked it everywhere, overnights and all, and no locks and I didn;t even lock the bars, nothing ever happened to it.
But, if it makes you feel better, and rotor lock will do, just be sure to get a "Remove Before Flight" flag to snap onto your throttle cables near the grip so you remember it's on
lol..nothing like taking off and forgetting a rotor lock...

2 feet,and down you go.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
When we do overnight traveling i tend to lock the steering. I know that that will not stop anyone from stealing it. I just hope that if they do that I can annoy them as much as possible before they get it.:twisted: And make them work for it a little harder

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts