Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
typically the retro guys use the "C" model risers, which are 4" risers. no need to move any cables. aeromach is also a good choice as well. i've got a "C" model that i just recently switched out my risers for the 6" aeromach risers. sold my risers here on the for sale board. you can usually get a good set of "C" risers for around $50 +/- a few $. much cheaper route than the aeromach risers. good luck.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
For the $$$ you can not beat the C risers on a R model.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
$ for $ putting the C risers on my R is probably the best mod I have done.

I used to get some shoulder pain after riding 30 mins to an hour. Now I can go all day with no pain.

Woody

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question...what's the purpose of the risers and do you use them with the stock handlebars. Are they for confort or looks or both?

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
luckyluciano said:
Sorry for the dumb question...what's the purpose of the risers and do you use them with the stock handlebars. Are they for confort or looks or both?
It moves the stock bars closer for less stretch :wink: By the end of the day your shoulders and back will thank you 8)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the aeromach 4 inch risers and love em. Can't go wrong with those!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the Aeromach as in the picture above and they did the job perfectly for me. I probably would have tried the C risers but I was told by someone on the board at the time that they didn't always completely cover the old holes or "footprint" of the original risers. Don't know that for a fact - just repeating what I heard.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
crews'n said:
typically the retro guys use the "C" model risers, which are 4" risers. no need to move any cables.
c risers are 5" with 3" of pullback and fit all stock vtx 1" bars

the areomach risers for the 'C' are 6" ...

i put a set of 'c' risers on my F and the difference is great.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Taller risers can also take the strain off your wrists if you are
bothered by carpal tunnel syndrome.
My risers are from Rivco and relieve my neck and shoulder strain
on longer rides compared to the stock risers on my C model VTX1800.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Risers

Thumpinlarge said:
I have the Aeromach as in the picture above and they did the job perfectly for me. I probably would have tried the C risers but I was told by someone on the board at the time that they didn't always completely cover the old holes or "footprint" of the original risers. Don't know that for a fact - just repeating what I heard.
I put the "C" risers on my retro and you can see a tiny bit of the bolt hole from the stock risers. However, you have to be looking for it to see it. I consider this a perfectly acceptable tradeoff for the gain in comfort.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Risers for 1800F model

Has anyone out there put the 6" Aeromach risers on an 1800F? Do you need to alter the stock cables at all? The lady at Honda Direct told me, "you are gonna need to 'relocate' the clutch cable." All the cables look long enough and free enough to me to handle another 2" (stock risers are 4").

·
Registered
175 Posts
My 1800 riser top plate is one piece with "VTX" on it,is will it work with the "C" risers?I would like to change risers but like the one piece top plate.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
crm2 said:
My 1800 riser top plate is one piece with "VTX" on it,is will it work with the "C" risers?I would like to change risers but like the one piece top plate.
The R top plate will work, you will have just a slight overhang, but it's not very noticeable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts