Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this posted on the 1300 board, thought I'd try it here. This may have already been discussed but here goes. I had back surgery several years ago, lower lumbar, and as a result can't stand or sit for long periods of time. And I can't stay in the saddle too awfully long either. I have an "05 Retro and I have been looking at the Ultimate LowRider. I have read all the posts about the different seats, ie: Mustang, Ultimate, Corbin etc. I really like the looks of the Lowrider and the back support, but is it enough? Where I really need it is the lower back. I would really appreciate any comments from any other folks in the same situation or for that matter, any comments on the Ultimate Lowrider. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Lowrider

I didn't buy the lowrider for looks, I bought it for comfort. Hal couldn't get me one with a Blinker Buddy installed. He told me to call Dez direct. I've only put 600 miles on it so far, and it is a great seat. If you need lower back support, get the backrest also. It adjusts fore and aft to give you as much support as you need.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have L 3,4,5 trouble my self.. I just put a Mustang on mine and I like the way it fits my lower back. I just ordered the passenger seat too as it adds to the back "support" area. The Ult. put me too far forward and felt "crowded" to me but I'm "large" ( some say too large)

·
Registered
760 Posts
L4 & L5 is my source of back pain. I was pinned under a 6X6 truck in Viet Nam and my back has gotten worst over the years. I found that the big boy seat by Ultimate with the backrest to be just the ticket to comfortable riding over 100 miles now. The backrest is soft and adjustible for comfort. my .02.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Ok, I have a broken disc, calcified disc and a herniated disc in the lower back. And of coarse, herniated 4, 5 and 6 in the neck. I found on my old '76 Goldwing the joy of having a backrest. Makes for a humongous difference. I finally added 4" riser to the VTX and they complement each other very well. So much better riding. The difference between being able to ride for 4-5 hours and enjoying the ride for 4-5 hours.

I find that the adjustment on the backrest is really nice. Depending on the thickness of the jacket or even if you are not wearing one I can find the right place for the backrest. I know when I mention that to a person that has never ridden a bike with backrest they have stated that they hadn’t even thought about an adjustment for anything as to the thickness of a jacket. It’s nice to be able to have that fine of an adjustment.

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts