Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like some input on swirl remover from some of the knowledgeable people on the board. At this time my intensions are to use Turtle Wax Ice polish, Eagle Nanowax and would like to use a good swirl remover prior to these steps. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wouldn't recommend that Ice polish from Turtle Wax. I used it on my pickup and it leaves a residue that is very difficult to wash off. Also, I think it may damage your paint even worse. It is designed to remove the damaged layer of your clearcoat by using microfine abrasives. The clear Ice polish in the two bottle kit is very hard to buff to a shine because it acts like an acrylic. Maybe just my bad experience though... Try the Honda spray polish. That's all I've ever used on my bike, Paint, chrome, windshield, etc. Never had any swirls and always looks new. I use a microfiber cloth to put it on and hand buff it off.

G

·
You need a filling glaze, then a good carnuba wax. My buddy has a detail shop, he gave me some great stuff. You have to use the wax over the filling glaze or it will wash right off.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Poorboys Super Swirl Remover.

www.poorboysworld.com

He has a bunch of different levels depending on how bad your swirls/scratches are.

I've never used better products than Poorboys. Check them out. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
laserman70 said:
You need a filling glaze, then a good carnuba wax. My buddy has a detail shop, he gave me some great stuff. You have to use the wax over the filling glaze or it will wash right off.
Man, not to change the subject or to steal the thread, but what the HE## is that in your sig. line?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts